Looking out for a quick, easy and delicious dessert? Then, try this Instant Rasmalai. Soft and spongy Rasgullas are soaked in creamy and indulging almond flavored milk. I have used store bought Rasgullas and instant badam milk powder to make this quick and easy dessert. Do give this recipe a try!
My Introduction to Rasmalai
My dad was a huge fan of sweets and he is the one who used to bring a lot of new varieties of sweets to home. Whenever he is back from his tour, he used to get a specialty sweet of the place and insist us to try it out. I am a bit choosy when it comes to eating sweets and not a very big fan of milk based sweets. I try to avoid them to the maximum extent but to keep my dad’s words I use to try every sweet he used to get. One day when I was back home from school, I saw my dad is back from his short tour and he bought Rasmalai with him. That was for the first time I tasted it out….
Seeing it to be a milk based sweet, I thought of running away but hearing my dad’s verdict on the sweet, I thought of giving it a try. It was chilled, creamy and just melted in my mouth. I took another bite and it just melted again, I loved it. The chopped almonds and pistachios coming in between gave the crunch, the mildly sweet creamy milk based syrup made a perfect combo with spongy rasmalai. As to its name, Rasmalai, where ‘ras’ means juicy and malai means ‘creamy’ is one of the most luscious and delicious Indian desserts. Since then I never forget to buy some whenever I am at a sweet shop…..
Celebrating with Rasmalai
Whenever my husband goes grocery shopping, he always brings a can of rasgulla (cheese balls) or gulab jamun. As I hardly eat sweets, they will be lying in the fridge for days. Few days back I came across this Instant Rasmalai Recipe which used ready-made Rasgullas. I tried it instantly as I already had a can of rasgullas lying in the fridge. It was super easy to make and I served it to my husband after dinner. He loved it and said they just taste like the store bought ones. From that time I used to make it for my guests most of the time and thinking to make these for Teacher’s Day celebrations at Lil’M’s school.
It is very hot here and a chilled dessert like Rasmalai will be wonderful to be served as a dessert after lunch at school. I gave the recipe yet another twist and made it simpler by adding Instant Badam Drink Mix. Badam Drink gave nice creamy texture, aromatic flavor and nutty taste to the recipe. Just with 4 simple ingredients and 5 simple steps you can make creamy, soft, melt in mouth, luscious Rasmalai….Try this out and you will forget about buying these from sweet shop…. Happy Ganesh Chaturthi to the readers of this blog celebrating the festival….
- 12 Rasgullas, I used canned Haldiram’s Rasgullas
- ½ can Milkmaid, I used Nestle 400gms. Tin
- ½ lit. Full fat Milk +2 tbsp. Milk
- 6 heaped tbsp. Badam Drink Mix, I used MTR brand
- Mix Badam Drink Mix with 2 table spoons of milk and make a thick paste. Set aside.
- In a heavy bottom cooking vessel, mix milk and milkmaid, bring it boil on low flame.
- In the meantime, gently squeeze rasgullas to remove extra syrup. Be careful, squeeze gently or you can use lemon squeezer to do the job. Set aside.
- When the milk and milkmaid mixture come to boil, gently give it a stir and add above made paste of Badam Drink Mix and milk. Stir gently. Let the mixture sit on low flame for 3-4 minutes. Stir in between.
- Drop in sugar syrup drained rasgullas into the above mixture and leave to cook for 1-2 minutes. Turn off the flame. Leave to cool.
- Once cool enough transfer it to refrigerator for 5-6 hours. Your creamy, soft and luscious rasmalai is ready to serve.
- Serve garnishing with saffron strands and chopped nuts.
- Add love to make instant rasmalai recipe taste ‘YUMMY’.
Tips to make perfect Rasmalai:
- In case you can’t find out Instant Badam Drink Mix, then you can add ½ tbsp. green cardamom powder in step 4 along with saffron strands, chopped pistachios and almonds.
Aps prabhu says
I have made this a many times…. and i love rasmalai… lovely click
Razina Javed says
Nice and easy to make, my mom makes with milk powder, though i have never tried it myself…
srikars kitchen says
wow.. great.. looks perfect…
Sapana Behl says
Wonderful rasmalai dear !
Shama Nagarajan says
yummy and delicious
kitchen queen says
delicious tempting and inviting rasmalai.
Nik Sharma says
Rasmalai, is one of my favorite Indian desserts and these look so pretty!
Tempting clicks! I always make rasamalai from scratch! It's our favorite too! 🙂
Thanks for the Ganesh Chathurthi wishes!
looks yummy.. tempting…
Veena Theagarajan says
interesting quick dessert
Priti S says
how to say no to these beauties ….looks yum ..I do almost same for a quick version too
Loved this instant rasmalai. Will soon try this out.
I want to try this soon. u made me drool lubna:)
Wow lovely, easy to make & a mighty treat to enjoy 🙂