Baking season is back and what is on your baking menu this year?? I am planning to make soft, warm, melt in mouth, jammy and delicious Blueberry Jam Microwave Muffins. You now how much I love to come up with different microwave muffin recipes and this one is surely a keeper.
The time of the year where the winter winds bring in the aroma of festive bakes, the streets glow with stars, the houses with embellished Christmas trees, kids running around and cheering every one ‘Happy Happy Christmas…..Merry Merry Christmas’. After more than a decade I am staying in a locality much similar to this. The church at the backside of my house is fully decorated with lights and stars, bringing in those fond childhood memories back. Soft and melodies voices of kids singing in Christmas Carol fill the air.
Nearly a month back I bought blueberry jam from a local bakery shop. Once I tried the jam sandwiching between the whole wheat bread slice but neither Lil’M nor her ‘papa’ liked it. And gradually the jam bottle vanished from dining table and reached kitchen cabinet and over the period of time the bottle took backseat in the cabinet too…
Kid Friendly Jam Muffins
Last evening when Lil’M was having in-house doll party with her friends and requested me to make something for her friends. I thought of making muffins instantly as making muffins in microwave is something I love the most. While gathering the ingredients to make muffins, I saw the blueberry jam bottle peeking behind the flour jar. Quickly picked it up and started working on making these muffins…..
First I thought of mixing the jam in the flour and then I thought of adding jam to whipping cream and top it on the muffins. But finally I decided to go by making jam centered muffins. Though the jam was not exactly in the center of the muffins as they are made in microwave, the blueberry jam has given a wonderful taste to the muffins and the kids loved the taste of blueberry jam in muffins and gulped them in no time…..
Blueberry Jam Microwave Muffins
- 1½ cups + 1 tbsp. All Purpose Flour
- 1½ cups Icing sugar
- ½ tbsp. Baking powder
- ¼ tbsp. Baking soda
- pinch of Salt
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup Milk, room temperature
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla essence
- 3-4 tbsp. Blueberry Jam
- 1 tbsp. Almond flakes, roasted
How to make Blueberry Jam Microwave Muffins
- Start by lining the silicone muffin tray or cups with paper cases and set aside. If not using paper cases then gently brush butter inside the muffin tray or cups and dust with flour.
- Sift flour, icing sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt all together for 2-3 times. This process is just to incorporate everything together.
- Beat egg, butter, milk with vanilla extract together. Now slowly fold in the sifted flour. Fold in gently.
- Pour the batter into greased and dusted silicone tray or paper cases up to ¼th capacity of the tray and spoon ¼ tbsp. of blueberry jam on it and then again pour in a layer of batter. Tap around to make sure the batter is scattered evenly.
- Finally, sprinkle roasted almond flakes on top and microwave on high for 1 or 1½ minutes or until the toothpick or skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the muffins in the microwave for another 1 minute before taking out. Leave it to cool for 2-3 minutes and remove from silicone tray and place on cake wire stand to cool completely.
- Add love to make these Blueberry Jam Microwave Muffins taste ‘ Yummy’.
- Microwave time will vary depending on the microwave model.
- Start checking from 30 seconds, if you are making muffins.
- Microwave cakes do not carry shelf life. They had to be consumed with in a day.