I am huge fan of fresh seasonal produce and when I find them at farmer’s market, I never fail to pick. This time when I was at farmer’s market, I picked up whole lot of fresh green leafy vegetables….as green leafy vegetables cook fast and you can avoid standing long on a hot and humid summer day in the kitchen.
Here are some more green leafy vegetable recipes which you may love trying…
Chukke ki Bhaji Gosht
- 2 bunches fresh Chukke ki bhaji
- 250 gms. Lamb meat on bones
- 1 big Onion, finely sliced
- 2 Green chili, cut into half
- 1 big Tomato, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp. Red chili powder
- ½ tbsp. Ginger-Garlic paste
- ¼ tbsp. Turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp. Oil
- 2 sprigs fresh Coriander leaves
How to make Chukke ki Bhaji Gosht
- Clean and thoroughly rinse lamb meat on bone in enough water. Drain and set aside.
- In a pressure cooker, add oil and when it heats up fry sliced onions. When the onions turn translucent add in lamb meat, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, ginger-garlic paste, chopped tomato and green chili.
- Stir to combine and cook by stirring occasionally until lamb meat starts to change color. Now add in ¾ cup of water and pressure cook for 6-8 whistles or until meat is cooked tender.
- In the meantime, wash thoroughly, drain and chop chukke ki bhaji by trimming the lower stem side ends and finely chopping the remaining part of stem and leaves.
- When the meat pieces are tender and pressure settles down, add in this chopped bhaji and stir. On medium high flame, cook till all the water is absorbed and leaves are cooked through.
- Stir to avoid sticking at the bottom. Add in chopped fresh coriander leaves and serve with white rice or flavoured rice.
- Add love to make this recipe taste ‘Yummy’.