sandwiches are my favourite too.
Cheesy Sweetcorn Grilled Sandwiches
- 4 Whole wheat bread slices
- 2 tbsp. melted Butter
- 3 tbsp. Sweetcorn kernels
- 1 tbsp. diced green Capsicum
- 1 tbsp. diced Tomato
- ½ tbsp. crushed Black pepper
- ¼ tbsp. Oregano
- 2 tbsp. grated Mozzarella
- In a bowl mix sweetcorn kernels, diced green capsicum, diced tomato, crushed black pepper, oregano and salt. Gently toss the mixture.
- Brush butter on one side of the two bread slices and on the non-buttered side spread the above made mixture evenly.
- Top with grated mozzarella and then top it with other two bread slices and brush with butter.
- Heat sandwich maker as per instructions given in the manual, using grill plates. Now place the sandwiches on the grill plates and grill for 4-5 minutes or till crisp and brown (as shown in the pic).
- Serve hot by cutting them diagonally with tomato sauce.
- Add love to make these sandwiches taste ‘Yummy’.
- Time to grill sandwich may vary depending on the brand and watts of sandwich maker.
- I used frozen sweetcorn kernels. So I just thawed them in microwave for 2 minutes before using. If you are using fresh ones then cook till soft.
- You can also use cheese cubes instead of mozzarella.
That’s my darling Lil’M with her favorite sandwich…..Stay tuned for many more interesting kid friendly recipes….Till then enjoy making these for your loved ones…