I am a huge fan of sandwiches….they are not only easy to make but also yum to relish and can be made in no time. It takes nearly two hours from my place to reach railway or bus station and so when I am travelling such far…I always make it a point to pack some sandwiches with the curry I prepare to go with roti’s to go on my later journey. Let me tell you sandwiches are always welcome in my family. They are quite filling and you are always happy when your loved ones get something homemade rather than junk stuff which kids generally love to munch mostly during travels…isn’t it??
I even pack some sandwiches if I am going on long drives, day long shopping, picnics, school/office snack box or sometimes like today…where I made sandwiches in breakfast with the leftover aloo-methi curry. I made Aloo-Methi curry to go with chapatti in kid’s lunch box and with the remaining curry I stuffed it in bread and turned it into a yum sandwich, which was my breakfast today. A hot cup of ginger tea and a desi sandwich aka curried aloo methi grilled sandwiches are in my breakfast menu today morning…So what you are having in breakfast today???
Curried Aloo Methi Grilled Sandwiches
- 1 cup leftover Aloo-Methi Sabzi
- 2 tbsp. melted unsalted butter
- 4 Bread Slices
How to make Curried Aloo Methi Grilled Sandwiches
- Reheat Aloo Methi Sabzi in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Leave the sandwich maker with grill plates to pre-heat as per instructions.
- Brush one side of the sandwich bread with butter and on other side evenly spread the aloo-methi sabzi. Top it with another bread slice and brush the outer side of the slice with butter.
- Place these slices in the pre-heated sandwich maker and grill for 3-4 minutes or until the slices turn light brown and crisp.
- Alternatively you can grill the sandwich on a grill pan or on normal tawa until the bread turns light brown and crisp.
- Indulge or Serve or pack with sauce.
- Add love to make these curried aloo mehti grilled sandwiches taste yummy.
You can even add grated mozzarella for additional taste.
Rafeeda AR says
Inch pinch!!! I too love sandwiches and sometimes make it for myself alone… hehe…
Famidha Ashraf says
🙂 I do this most often.. make sandwich with the leftovers. And I would def add the cheese 😛 Loved the props. For today, my breakfast was fresh chapati with last night's beef masala and dal makhani. 😛
Shriya rajesh says
Tnx for ur yummy sandwich recipes