I am choosing Pineapple fruit for the second month ‘Bloggers Monthly Fiesta’, where the theme for the month was ‘Fruit(s)’. You can find the recipe names of my fellow bloggers in the group down the post. Pineapple is a versatile fruit, and you can make anything out of it, apart from eating it raw, you can grill it, juice it, grind it, cook it, etc.; Today I choose to share one of my family favorite recipe, Pineapple Compote.
I made this compote to go with vanilla ice cream for my Sunday dinner dessert. But it turned out so yum, that we finished it off without even waiting for dinner. Warm compote has got very unusual taste that your taste buds will definitely crave for more….Even the thick syrup which was left in the sauce pan was polished off with a rye toast in no time. It was truly so droolicious…..
- 4 thick slices Pineapple, peeled cored and diced
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 2 green Cardamoms, lightly crushed
- 3 tbsp. Orange juice
- 3 tbsp. Sugar
- ½ cup Water
- ½ tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. Butter
How to make Pineapple Compote
- In a sauce pan add butter and to this add cinnamon stick and cardamoms. Let the butter soak in the flavour of spice and add then add sugar, orange juice and water along with vanilla extract. Stir till sugar melts.
- Add in pineapple pieces and cook on low flame till pineapple pieces turn soft and juices in the pan thickens.
- You can serve this with toast, ice cream, pudding, panna cotta, etc…
- Add love to make the compote taste ‘Yummy’.
- Alternatively you can use honey instead of sugar.
- You can even try adding lemon juice and lemon zest instead of orange juice.
- Even thin slices of ginger will add tickling taste to compote.
- Crush black pepper or red chili flakes will give this compote a new taste.
link, check the recipe and cook for your loved ones….Happy Cooking!