Vegan and gluten-free raw mango mixed vegetables curry is a combination of both spicy and sour flavours. This is my mom-in-laws recipe. Tomatoes, round yellow cucumbers (Kakdi | Dosakaya) and raw mango (Kairi | Mamidikaya), drumstick (Sahijan | Saragva) pieces are used in making this recipe. Makes a comfort meal when served with steamed hot bowl of rice.
Today I was in no mood to cook an elaborate meal. Thinking of fixing a quick and easy meal, I remember this recipe made by my mom-in-law. This is one easy recipe which you can whip up in no time. As this a semi-gravy based curry, it will be perfect recipe to go with rice.
Munaga Kaaya Mamidikaya Dosakaya Pulusu
During the months of summer, when raw and ripe mangoes are full in season, we south Indian make use of them completely. Raw mango plays a vital role in Indian Cooking Dishes. From pickles to dals to curries we make maximum use of raw mango when in season. Today’s recipe is one such example. Raw Mango Mixed Vegetables Curry which is also fondly called as Munaga Kaaya Mamidikaya Dosakaya Pulusu in Telugu is made in many households when mangoes are in season. To balance the taste and bring best of the flavour, I have ground and added onion, dry coconut and garlic. Do try this delicious curry today….
Best Raw Mango Recipes to Try
Aab Shola: Traditional Hyderabad style Raw Mango summer drink.
Amchur: Sun dried raw mango pieces.
Andhra Avakaya Pachadi: Mango Pickle
Kairi Tamatar ki Chutney: Spicy, tangy and delicious raw mango and tomato chutney
Mamidikaya Pulihora: Raw Mango Rice Recipe
- 1 round medium Yellow Cucumber, peeled, washed, de-seeded and cut into pieces
- 2 Drumsticks, peeled and cut into 3” inch long even pieces
- ½ medium sized Raw Mango, peeled and cut into cubes
- 3 medium Tomatoes, washed, deseeded and cut into small pieces
- 1 big Onion, peeled, washed and quartered
- 2 Green chilies, washed, cut into half
- 3 tbsp. Dry coconut powder
- 2 cloves Garlic
- ½ tbsp. roasted Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp. Red chili powder
- ¼ tbsp. Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp. Oil
How to make Raw Mango Mixed Vegetables Curry¼
- Make a fine paste by grinding onions, dry coconut powder, garlic and coriander powder.
- In a heavy bottom pan, add oil and combine yellow cucumber pieces, drumstick pieces, chopped tomatoes and green chilies with above ground paste.
- Mix well by adding red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt. Cook on medium flame for 2-3 minutes by stirring gently.
- Add 2 cups of water and close the lid. Cook on low flame till drumstick pieces turn soft.
- Now add cubed raw mango pieces and stir to combine. If the water is dried up in the curry, then add ½ cup of water. Check for salt and leave this to cook until raw mango pieces turn soft.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
- Add love to make this raw mango mixed vegetables curry taste 'Yummy'.
Lubna's Serving Suggestions:
Mixed Vegetables with raw mango curry is an Andhra Delicacy. This is often served with hot bowl of steamed rice.
Here is a quick and meal idea with raw mango vegetables curry,
Hot Bowl of Rice + Raw Mango Mixed Vegetables Curry + Rasam + Papad + Pickle + Dahi
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 268mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 5gSugar: 19gProtein: 14g
Ramadan Menu Plan (Day 21 – Day 25)
Continuing with our menu plan…here I am going to share with you Ramadan Menu Plan for days 21-25. I am glad to know that you are finding these menu plans useful and helpful.