The Mango Date Green Monster is a vibrant and nutritious smoothie. This smoothie is not only visually appealing with its bright green hue but also a powerhouse of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Green Monster smoothie combines the tropical sweetness of mangoes with the richness of dates, with green goodness from spinach. Perfect for breakfast, a mid-day snack, or even a post-workout refuel, this smoothie offers a refreshing and energizing boost.
About This Recipe
The “Mango Date Green Monster” is not only nutrient-packed treat for the taste buds, but also a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals. The vibrant green color comes from the addition of nutrient-rich spinach. This smoothie is an ideal drink for anyone looking to incorporate more greens into their diet without sacrificing flavor. Whether enjoyed as a healthy breakfast alternative or as a post-workout refresher, the Mango Date Green Monster is a versatile and satisfying option for those seeking a nutritious boost.
Healthy Eating During Ramadan
This smoothie recipe is by Asiya of Chocolate & Chillies as a part of Joy From Fasting To Feasting – A Global Ramadan Event. Asiya says, growing up my mom always made traditional Iftars with bhagiya, dahi waday and aloo bonday. Most nights I would eat so much Iftari that I had no room for dinner. Eating all those deep fried goodies felt great while I was eating but afterwards I would feel horrible. Also all this wonderful Iftari wasn’t the most healthy either so most Ramadan I would actually end up gaining weight. Eating so much deep fried food would also make me more sleepy making it harder to do Ibadat at night.
After getting married I became more health conscious and wanted to move away from the traditional iftaris. So we do our best to stay away from deep frying and to try to keep it light. I also found that during Ramadan I would not eat as many fruits and vegetables as I should be. So last year I started making smoothies for Iftar and it was a great idea! It provided us with much needed hydration and some fruits and vegetables that we were missing out on. I also felt a lot better after breaking our fast by avoiding all the deep fried items.
This smoothie I am sharing today is great for both Suhoor and Iftar. I packed it with spinach, added some mangoes and sweetened it with dates! I have a sweet tooth so adjust the amount of dates to your liking. This is best served immediately. As it sits it gets darker and thicker.
Ramadan Mubarak to all and thank you Lubna for giving me the opportunity to guest post on your wonderful blog!
Thank you Asiya for taking out time and sharing this wonderful smoothie recipe with us.
Mango Date Green Monster
Whether you’re a smoothie enthusiast or looking for a creative way to incorporate more greens into your diet, the Mango Date Green Monster is an enticing option. This smoothie guarantees a nutritious and delightful experience in every sip.
This delightful concoction of sweet mango with the natural richness of dates, creating a perfectly balanced flavor profile. The vibrant green color of this smoothie is a testament to the nutritious ingredients it contains. Spinach adds essential vitamins and minerals to this smoothie.
Each creamy sip is not only a treat for your taste buds but also a nourishing boost for your body. Whether enjoyed as a refreshing breakfast accompaniment or a midday pick-me-up, the Mango Date Green Monster is sure to become a staple in your healthy lifestyle. This monster smoothie is perfect for iftar and suhoor too.
Mango Date Green Monster Ingredients
Mango: Tropical fruit known for its sweet and juicy flavor. Rich in vitamins A and C, as well as antioxidants. Adds natural sweetness and a creamy texture to the smoothie.
Dates: Sweet, caramel-like fruits with natural sugars. High in fiber, potassium, and antioxidants. Used to sweeten the smoothie; adjust quantity based on desired sweetness.
Banana: Creamy and naturally sweet fruit. Contains potassium, vitamin B6, and fiber. Adds a smooth texture and sweetness to the smoothie while providing thickness.
Spinach: Nutrient-dense leafy green vegetable. Excellent source of vitamins A, C, K, and folate. Adds a vibrant green color and boosts the smoothie’s nutritional value.
Orange Juice: Citrus juice with a tangy and sweet flavor. High in vitamin C and antioxidants. Adds a refreshing citrusy taste and helps blend the flavors together.
Milk: Provides creaminess and helps achieve desired consistency. Source of calcium, protein, and other nutrients depending on the type used (dairy or plant-based).
Flax Seeds: Tiny seeds loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and antioxidants. Contributes to the smoothie’s nutritional content, promoting heart health and aiding digestion. Ground flax seeds easily incorporate into the smoothie without altering its texture significantly.
- 1½ cups roughly chopped Mango
- ¼ cup Dates (adjust this to how sweet you would like your smoothie)
- 1 Banana
- 2 cups packed Spinach
- ¼ cup Orange juice
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 tbsp. ground Flax seeds
How To Make Mango Date Green Monster Smoothie
- Preparation: Ensure all your ingredients are washed and prepared as needed.
- Soak the Dates: If your dates are on the drier side, soak them in warm water for a few minutes to soften them before using in the smoothie.
- Blend: In a blender, combine the chopped mango, soaked dates (if applicable), banana, packed spinach, orange juice, milk, and ground flax seeds.
- Blend Until Smooth: Blend all the ingredients until you achieve a smooth consistency. If the smoothie is too thick for your liking, you can add a bit more orange juice or milk to adjust the consistency.
- Taste and Adjust: Taste the smoothie and adjust sweetness by adding more dates if needed. Blend again briefly if you make any adjustments.
- Serve: Pour the smoothie into glasses and enjoy your nutrient-packed Mango Date Green Monster Smoothie!
- Add love to make this mango date green monster smoothie taste 'Yummy'.
Tips To Make Mango Date Green Monster Smoothie
Here are some tips to make a delightful Mango Date Green Monster smoothie:
- Prep Ingredients in Advance: Wash and chop the mango, soak dates if needed, and have all ingredients ready before blending to streamline the process.
- Adjust Sweetness: Dates vary in sweetness, so start with a smaller amount and add more if needed. You can also use ripe bananas for additional sweetness.
- Blend in Stages: To ensure a smooth consistency, start by blending the spinach and liquids (orange juice and milk) first before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Consistency Control: If the smoothie is too thick, add more liquid (orange juice or milk) gradually until you reach your desired consistency.
- Frozen Ingredients: For a colder and thicker smoothie, consider using frozen mango chunks or adding ice cubes. This also eliminates the need for extra chilling.
- Experiment with Greens: While spinach is mild in flavor, you can also try other greens like kale or Swiss chard for variety and added nutrients.
- Enhance Nutrition: Consider adding protein powder, chia seeds, or Greek yogurt for extra protein if you're using the smoothie as a meal replacement or post-workout drink.
- Blend Well: Blend the ingredients thoroughly to ensure the spinach is finely incorporated, giving the smoothie an even color and texture.
- Serve Fresh: Enjoy the smoothie immediately after blending to savor its freshness and optimal taste. However, you can store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for a day.
- Personalize: Don't hesitate to customize the recipe to suit your taste preferences. Add a squeeze of lime juice for tanginess or a dash of cinnamon for a flavor twist.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 144mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 10gSugar: 41gProtein: 9g
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.