I am slowly gearing back to normal after spending much needed vacation at Hyderabad. Though I have been to Hyderabad many times, I feel new every time I visit there. Old charm to new charisma of Hyderabad gives you the glimpse of its rich history and diverse heritage. From monuments to shopping places to picnic spots to eating joints to IPL grounds…Hyderabad has got them all. Check more pictures of Hyderabad at my instagram account.
After spending delightful time at Hyderabad…now it’s time to unpack and settle down. As much as I like travelling…I hate packing and unpacking. Both the jobs are tedious ones for me. Unpacking the stuff, I am exhausted…so took break to make this refreshing and rejuvenating Tropical Longan Smoothie.
I have read about Longan fruits in my science class while reading about fruits of soapberry family….but never seen them until I came to Chennai. Longan fruit is much common sight in Chennai Fruit Shops. These look much similar to grapes or berries and taste mildly sweet and juicy.
The ripe longan fruit will have light brown hard outer shell and pulpy transparent inside with a hard black seed in centre. These longan fruits are also called as ‘Dragon’s Eye’ based on their appearance. You have to remove outer hard shell (which can be easily peeled) and also the middle seed before eating them raw. The pulp can also be used in making smoothies and shakes.
Many a times I bought these fruits, but ended eating them raw…but this time I thought I will make a smoothie with it and it turned out really yum…This is going to be regular in my house from now on….This summer beat the heat with this chilled vegan tropical longan smoothie.…
Vegan Tropical Longan Smoothie
- ½ cup Oats
- 150 ml unsweetened Coconut milk
- 6 Longan fruits, peeled and pitted
- ½ cup chilled Pineapple Juice
- 1 tbsp. Dates syrup, optional
- 1 Banana, peeled and sliced
How to make Longan Smoothie
- Soak oats in unsweetened coconut milk for ½ hour in refrigerator and ground to smooth paste.
- To this add longan fruits, chilled pineapple juice and sliced banana. Whizz until frothy and serve chilled.
- Add this love to make this smoothie taste ‘Yummy’.
- I used coconut milk to make this vegan tropical longan smoothie. You can use your choice of milk to make it.
- I added oats to make this smoothie thick and nutritive. Skip if you don’t want to add oats.