You may also like,
How to make Carrot Pudding
Gajar Ka Halwa (Sweetened Carrot Pudding)
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 cup half and half
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter
- around 2 cups of khoya (recipe bellow)
- almonds, pine nuts, and silver leaf for topping
How to make Gajar ka Halwa
- Bring a large pot of water (4 qts) to a rolling boil. Add in carrots and boil for 2 minutes. Transfer to a strainer and let the water drain out.
- Return the boiled, shredded carrot to the pot on high heat. Add in 1 cup of half and half and cook while constantly stirring for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and cook while continuously stirring until any liquid has evaporated.
- Lastly, add in 1 (1/2 cup) stick of butter and continue to cook until the mixture is dry.
- Add in 1 cup of khoya, reserving 1 cup for garnish, and cook for an additional 1 or 2 minutes.
- Top with all the garnishes. Serve warm or cold and enjoy!
Homemade Khoya from Ricotta
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
How to make Khoya from Ricotta Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Mix ricotta and sugar together until well combined.
- Spread in a baking dish and bake uncovered for 30-45 minutes or until cream colored milk solids form.
- Stir the mixture every 5-10 minutes to make sure there is no browning.
- Store any leftovers in the freezer.
Thank you Wardah for being part of the event and bringing in such a warm gajar ka halwa.
You can find Wardah @ Facebook
2015 – Joy From Fasting To Feasting – VIII – Egg Potato Biryani by Aish
2014 – Joy From Fasting To Feasting – VII – Avocado Milkshake from Aish
2013 – Joy From Fasting To Feasting – VI – Koshary & Baklavas from Ola