Beetroot Carrot Halwa – Styling and Photography
Layered Beetroot Carrot ka Halwa in Pressure Cooker
- 6 medium sized long Carrots, peeled and grated
- 3 Beetroots, peeled and grated
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup low-fat Milk
- ½ tbsp. Cardamom powder
- 3+ 2 tbsp. Ghee
- 2-3 tbsp. silvered Almonds
- 1 tbsp. coarsely chopped Pistachios
- Silver leaf (Chandi Ka Varq)
How to make Halwa in Pressure Cooker
How to make Beetroot Halwa
- In a pressure cooker, add ghee and when it heats up add grated beetroot’s Fry on low by continuously turning the mixture up and down.
- Fry till the raw smell disappears. Now add ½ cup of water and place the lid. Pressure cook for 1 whistle. Let the pressure settle down. Now add sugar, cardamom powder and milk. Cook on high by turning the mixture frequently till the halwa starts to thicken. Turn off the flame and set aside.
How to make Carrot Halwa
- Replace grated beetroot with grated carrots in the above recipe and make carrot halwa.
Time for Layering:
- Grease 9 x 5 baking tray or line plastic foil or use greased silicone rectangle or square mould. Take half of carrot halwa and layer it neatly and evenly. Now add beetroot halwa and layer it evenly.
- Now add remaining carrot halwa and layer it neatly.
- Leave this in fridge for 2-3 hours for best results. (I was running out of time so could not shape the fudge neatly). If you leave the halwa to set in fridge overnight you can cut into desired shapes.
- Add a tablespoon of ghee to kadai or heavy bottom cooking vessel and drop in silvered almonds. Fry till light brown and set aside.
- Now gently roll silver leaf on fudge and then add chopped pistachio and silvered almonds.
- If you want to serve hot, then microwave for 20 seconds before serving or else serve cold with ice cream or gulab jamuns…..
- This is just a way of presenting food, beautifying it, styling a normal everyday carrot halwa. You can even pressure cook mixing both grated carrots and beetroot’s. The end result would be as shown in the picture above.
- Add love to make this layered beetroot carrot halwa even more ‘Yummy’.
With gleam of Diyas, And the Echo of the Chants….May Happiness and Contentment Fill Your life…Wishing You & Your Family very Happy and Prosperous Diwali!