Eggless Chocolate Oreo Muffins are moist, easy to make and super chocolaty with added charm of Oreo pieces on top. The ingredients are simple and pantry friendly. With wholesome goodness of whole wheat with the indulgent taste of chocolate and the fun twist of Oreos, these muffins are “THE BEST”. Enjoy baking these scrumptious muffins and savor their hearty texture with the irresistible combination of chocolate and Oreos. They’re sure to become a regular in your baking rotation!
What Makes These Muffins “The Best”?
Here’s an outline of what makes these muffins a great addition to your baking repertoire:
Healthier: Using whole wheat flour boosts the fiber content, making it a more nutritious option.
Jaggery: Wholesome sweetness of jaggery, make these muffins a delightful and healthier treat.
Eggless: Ideal for those with egg allergies or dietary restrictions.
Versatile: Perfect for breakfast, as a snack, or even as a dessert.
Kid-friendly: Children love the Oreo twist, getting them excited about whole grain options.
Chocolatey: Despite the healthier modifications, there’s no skimping on the chocolatey goodness.
- Whole Wheat Flour: Whole wheat flour adds a healthful element to the muffins. Provides fiber, vitamins, and minerals compared to refined flour. It imparts a subtle nutty flavor that complements the richness of chocolate.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: Cocoa powder adds a deep, rich chocolate flavor without the excess sugar found in sweetened varieties. It contains antioxidants, contributing a potential health benefit to your indulgence.
- Jaggery Powder: Is a wholesome sweetener, providing a natural sweetness with caramel undertones. Rich in iron, magnesium, and potassium, jaggery adds nutritional value to the muffins.
- Baking Powder: Baking powder helps the muffins rise, resulting in a light and fluffy texture. It ensures uniform aeration of the batter, preventing denseness.
- Baking Soda: Reacts with acidic ingredients (like yogurt) to leaven the batter further. Baking soda contributes to the muffins’ tenderness and crumb structure.
- Salt: Enhances the overall flavor profile, balancing the sweetness and intensifying the chocolate taste.
- Oil: Vegetable oil adds moisture to the muffins, contributing to a soft and tender crumb. Its neutral taste allows the chocolate and other flavors to shine.
- Yogurt: Adds moisture and helps tenderize the muffins without the need for eggs. The acidity of yogurt reacts with baking soda for leavening.
- Vanilla Essence: Imparts a sweet aroma and enhances the overall flavor profile.
- Orange Juice: Adds a subtle citrus note, complementing the chocolate and providing a refreshing twist. The acidity also aids in the activation of baking soda.
- Milk: Contributes to the muffins’ moistness and creaminess. It helps bring the ingredients together, ensuring a smooth batter.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks: These chunks add gooey, melted chocolate pockets, enhancing the overall indulgence. The chunks offer a delightful textural contrast to the muffin’s soft crumb. You can even add chocolate chips.
- Oreo Pieces: Crushed Oreo pieces provide a satisfying crunch and a playful twist to each muffin. They contribute to the visual appeal, making the muffins more enticing.
You May Also Like,
Eggless Chocolate Oreo Muffins
Chocolate Oreo Muffins make a convenient and quick after-school treat. With a simple recipe and minimal preparation time, these are perfect for busy school days too. The irresistible combination of Chocolate and Oreo appeals to children’s taste buds. It’s a treat that satisfies their sweet cravings without being overly sugary. Whether enjoyed at home or packed as a snack for extracurricular activities, these muffins are versatile and travel well.
These muffins can be a delightful addition to the iftar table, providing a sweet ending to the day of fasting. They can be served with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee, creating a comforting and satisfying experience. The chocolate and Oreo combination ensures that these muffins are a crowd-pleaser among the younger members of the family during Ramadan celebrations.
Ramadan is a time for family and community. Sharing these homemade muffins with neighbors and friends adds an extra layer of joy and community spirit to the festivities.
- 1½ cups Whole wheat flour | Atta
- ½ cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup Jaggery powder
- ¾ tbsp. Baking powder
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ cup Oil Use canola or vegetable oil
- ½ cup Yogurt | Curd
- ½ cup Orange juice
- 3 tbsp. Milk
- 1 tsp. Pure vanilla essence
- ½ cup Semi-sweet chocolate Chunks plus more to top the muffins
- ½ cup Oreo pieces plus more to top the muffins
How To Make Chocolate Oreo Muffins
Preheat the Oven:
- Gather all the ingredients required to make these muffins.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). '
Mix Dry Ingredients:
- In a big bowl, sieve together the whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set this aside.
Prepare the Wet Ingredients:
In a bowl combine jaggery powder, orange juice, milk, oil and vanilla essence. Wish well.
To this add half of chocolate chunks (chips) and oreo pieces. Combine well.
Combine Wet and Dry:
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl. Mix them gently until they are just combined. Don’t mix too much; we want our muffins to be fluffy!
Fill the Muffin Cups:
- Use a spoon to fill each muffin cup about two-thirds full with the muffin batter. This leaves room for them to rise and become fluffy in the oven.
Add More Chocolate and Oreos:
- Now, sprinkle some extra chocolate chunks and Oreo pieces on the top of each muffin. This will make them look and taste even better!
- Gently tap the muffin tin on kitchen counter before keeping it in oven.
Bake in the Oven:
- Place the muffin tin in the preheated oven. Bake for around 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool and Enjoy:
- Remove the muffins tin from the oven and leave on kitchen counter. Let them cool in the muffin tin for a little while, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Add love to make these chocolate oreo muffins taste 'Yummy'.
Top Tip: Sprinkling a few rice grains in each muffin cup, before placing the muffin liners, helps to control excess moisture during baking. This results in a perfectly moist and fluffy texture for your Chocolate Oreo Muffins. The rice acts as a moisture absorber, preventing the muffins from becoming too soggy. Ensure the rice grains are spread evenly in each muffin cup before placing the liners and filling with batter.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 384Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 359mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 3gSugar: 31gProtein: 5g
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.