Cheese Stuffed Aloo Bonda
- 2 big Potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed
- 50 gms. Mozzarella cheese, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 Green chilli, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Red chilli powder
- ¼ tbsp. Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. minced Coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice
- ½ tbsp. Cumin/Jeera
- ½ cup Chickpea flour /Besan
- ½ tbsp. Red chilli powder
- pinch Turmeric powder
- pinch Cooking soda
- In a bowl whisk in chickpea flour, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and cooking soda by adding water and give the mixture a thick coating consistency.
- In a kadai/heavy bottom cooking vessel, heat oil and add cumin seeds when they start to splutter, add mashed potatoes, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and chopped green chilli.
- Give the mixture a nice stir and add lemon juice along with minced coriander leaves.
- Turn off the flame and leave it to cool. Once the mixture gets cool, divide the mixture into 8-10 equal portions. Stuff each portion with a mozzarella piece in center and make ball. Set aside.
- Heat enough oil in a heavy bottom cooking vessel and dip each ball in the batter. Coat evenly and carefully drop the ball into the hot oil. Fry until nice golden brown.
- Repeat the process until all the stuffed mashed potato balls are fried. Take them out on to kitchen tissue or towel. Serve hot with your choice of chutney or ketchup.
- Add love to make these bonda’s taste ‘Yummy’.
To kick off my laziness and get connect with you more….I have got involved in few new projects and ventures…more on this in coming post’s…but for now…these ‘cheese stuffed aloo bonda’ are going to be part of ‘Theme Group Blogging’, where we bunch of pre- registered food bloggers submit a recipe on first of every month. Hop on to my dear buddies ‘Potato’ recipes as the theme for the month is ‘Potato’, by clicking on the respective links,
- Fa’s Kitchen – Seasoned Potato Wedges
- Brain Jones – Pea & Potato Vegetable Terrine
- Niithya’s Kitchen – Potato Chesse Balls
- Razena Schroeder – Potato Pudding
Nithya Ravi says
Really tempting bonda,yum yum.
Tantalise my tastebuds says
OMG… Potato and cheese in the same dish… and all melty and gooey inside. This sounds like the perfect snack!
Amrita Roy says
I just loved the idea of adding cheese inside aloo bonda
Lubna – do you belief in telepathy? (lol) – I made exactly those little cheese bondas for my husband yesterday and today, sunday, your recipe appears on my screen. It's back to the kitchen for me again for today's Tea. Btw – I absolutely love your photography – brilliant.
kitchen queen says
yummy tempting aloo bonda.
Veena Theagarajan says
Interesting.. With that whoozing cheeze anyone can resist?
Love Swah says
Oh that gooey cheese looks irresistible!
marudhus kitchen says
Really innovative snack.
Fas Kitchen says
Wow, this looks mouth watering… I can only imagine the taste.. can I pls come over for a quick bite
Riya Singh says
I like this delicious recipies, Thanks for sharing…..!
order online food
Sara @ Belly Rumbles says
These guys look amazing. Love cheese and especially when melty and stretchy. I doubt I would b stopping at three or four.
wow fabulous idea to serve at time of Tea