Weekends don’t count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless. ~Bill Watterson Weekends are a bit like rainbows; they look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them. ~John Shirley
- 2 cups of Amaranth leaves *
- 1 medium sized Onion, sliced finely
- 1 Green chili, slit length wise and deseeded
- 2-3 cloves of Garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp Red chili powder
- ¼ tbsp Turmeric powder
- Crush garlic and red chili powder and set aside.
- Add oil to heavy bottom cooking vessel and to this add chopped amaranth leaves, onion, salt and turmeric powder. Mix well. Cook on slow flame till the leaves are soft and completely cooked.
- Now add crushed garlic and red chili mixture and mix well. Cook for another 2 minutes or till the raw smell of garlic disappears.
- Serve with white steamed rice, pickle and papad.
- Last but not least add your ‘love’ to make the dish ‘YUMMY’.