Egg fried rice is simple to make and makes a perfect lunch box recipe…..This recipe comes handy when you are running out of vegetables and time…..Most of the times morning are like playing a movie on a fast forward mode in many houses……with kids to go to school, maid turning up, husbands to leave for their offices and in many houses wife’s going out for work……when you have so many things to do and running short of time…this simple egg fried rice comes handy….You can also make this with leftover rice….which makes the things more easier……And this recipe is for some of those who are stay at home mom’s and find difficult at times to cook a meal to gratify that hunger pangs…..Those beautiful red chopsticks gracing the pictures were gifted by Padma Rekha. Thank you so much dear.
- 2 cups cooked and cooled Rice
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 2 Eggs, beaten with little salt
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce, optional
- 1 tbsp Black pepper
- In a heavy bottom cooking vessel add oil and when oil gets heated up add onion slices and fry till translucent. Add beaten eggs and cook on medium flame for 1-2 minutes.
- With the help of a spatula or spoon, now scramble the mixture. Once mixture is cooked, increase the flame and add soy sauce and give the mixture a good stir.
- Reduce the flame and add rice and combine well. Now add salt and pepper powder and mix well.
- Cook covered for another 2-3 minutes. Serve hot.
- Last but not least add your ‘love’ to make the dish ‘YUMMY’.
- If you cooked rice with salt, then adjust salt in the recipe.
- You can even add ginger-garlic paste, garam masala powder or cardamom, cinnamon and cloves in the oil before adding egg mixture. The more the flavor the more the taste.
- You can even add mint or coriander leaves to enhance the flavor. You can garnish with chopped fresh spring onions.
- For an colorful twist to the above recipe, click here.