Chilled Rooh Afza Milkshake combines the essence of iftar, the joy of Ramadan, and the rejuvenating vibes of summer. Rooh Afza Milkshake | Rooh Afza Doodh is more than a beverage; it’s a celebration in a glass. This 3-ingredient Rooh Afza milkshake without ice cream is quick, easy and just ‘Yum’.
About This Recipe
As the holy month of Ramadan brings along rituals of fasting and prayers. Iftar, the meal that breaks the day’s fast, is a time of celebration and joyous gatherings. Among the myriad of delicacies enjoyed during this time, a refreshing beverage plays a critical role in rehydration and revitalizing the spirit. One such delight is the Chilled Rooh Afza Milkshake | Rooh Afza Doodh.
The Chilled Rooh Afza Milkshake is a delightful blend of traditional flavors and modern refreshment. Rooh Afza, a popular and iconic syrup is known for its cooling properties. This milkshake replenishes essential nutrients after a day of fasting and also provides a burst of flavor that tingles the taste buds. Refreshing milkshake gives both quick energy and a bit of cushion against the savory-spicy food.
Rooh Afza Doodh enriches the Iftar experience, ensuring not just nourishment for the body but also joy for the soul. Whether one opts for simplicity or extravagance, it remains a staple during iftar and summer.
Rooh Afza Milkshake Ingredients
Rooh Afza: The heart of our recipe, Rooh Afza, is a vibrant syrup, which is medley of fruits, vegetables, herbs, and roots. Renowned for its cooling properties, it infuses the milkshake with a unique and aromatic flavor.
Milk: Choose your preferred type of milk – whether it’s creamy whole milk, light skim milk, or a non-dairy alternative. The milk serves as the canvas, creating a luscious and fulfilling base for the milkshake.
Sugar: Customize the sweetness according to your preference. Add sugar gradually, tasting as you go. Strike the perfect balance and create a milkshake that suits your sweet tooth.
Chilled Rooh Afza Milkshake for Iftar & Summer
The Chilled Rooh Afza Milkshake is not just any ordinary milkshake. It is a burst of refreshment that perfectly complements the Iftar table during summers.
Flavorful Journey: Rooh Afza, with its unique blend of fruits, herbs, and vegetables, has been gracing Iftar tables for generations. When transformed into a milkshake, it takes on a creamy consistency that tantalizes the taste buds.
Cooling Sensation: After a day of fasting, the chilled milkshake acts as a cool caress to the system. It’s a soothing balm for the fasting soul, providing a much-needed respite from the sweltering summer heat.
Health Recharge: This milkshake is not only delicious but also nutritious. It serves as an immediate source of energy. Aids in the replenishment of fluids and essential nutrients lost during the day.
Versatile and Customizable: While the basic recipe involves a straightforward blend of milk, Rooh Afza, and ice, it can be tailored to personal preferences. Add in some fruit, nuts, or even a scoop of ice cream for an indulgent twist.
Cultural Staple: The inclusion of Rooh Afza milkshake during Iftar is more than just about taste. It is an embodiment of tradition and cultural heritage. As families gather around the table, its rich color is reminiscent of the warmth and love shared by them.
This recipe is by Mona of Zaiqa, as a part of Joy From Fasting To Feasting, A Global Ramadan Event.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is Rooh Afza?
Rooh Afza is a popular and aromatic syrup made from a blend of natural ingredients like fruits, vegetables, herbs, and roots. It’s known for its cooling properties and is often used to make refreshing drinks.
Can I make this milkshake ahead of time?
While it’s best enjoyed fresh, you can prepare the Rooh Afza Milkshake ahead of time. Store it in a clean pitcher by covering with a lid in the refrigerator. Just give it a good shake or stir before serving.
Are there variations to this recipe?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with the recipe by blending in some fresh fruits like strawberries or pineapple for a unique twist. You can even add rose flavour jelly or basil (sabja) seeds.
Is this milkshake suitable for suhoor (pre-dawn meal)?
While it’s a fantastic iftar treat, you can also enjoy Rooh Afza Milkshake at suhoor for a dose of energy and hydration.
- 4 tbsp. Rooh afza
- 4 cups Milk
- few Ice cubes
- Sugar, optional
- Crushed nuts, optional
How To Make Rooh Afza Milkshake | Rooh Afza Doodh Recipe
- In a blender, combine the chilled milk, Rooh Afza syrup, sugar.
- Blend the ingredients until you achieve a smooth and creamy consistency.
- If you prefer a frosty texture, add some crushed ice and blend again.
- Pour the Chilled Rooh Afza Milkshake into glasses.
- Garnish with chopped nuts for an extra crunch and visual appeal.
- Serve immediately and enjoy the cooling sensation.
Tips for Making the Perfect Rooh Afza Milkshake
- Adjust Rooh Afza to Taste: The sweetness and intensity of Rooh Afza can vary, so start with a smaller quantity and add more according to your taste preferences.
- Use Chilled Ingredients: For an instantly refreshing experience, use chilled milk and ice cubes. This ensures that your Rooh Afza milkshake is cool and uplifting from the first sip.
- Experiment with Sweeteners: If you prefer a sweeter milkshake, add a touch of honey or maple syrup. Adjust the sweetness gradually to achieve the perfect balance.
- Garnish Creatively: Elevate the visual appeal by garnishing your Rooh Afza milkshake with sliced fruits, a sprinkle of chopped nuts, or a mint leaf. This not only adds aesthetics but also enhances the overall experience.
- Serve Immediately: Enjoy the Rooh Afza milkshake immediately after blending to capture the optimal freshness and texture. If preparing ahead, give it a good stir or shake before serving.
- Customize the Consistency: Play around with the consistency by adjusting the quantity of ice cubes. More ice cubes will result in a thicker and frostier milkshake.
Variations for Rooh Afza Milkshake
- Fruit Infusion: Experiment with fruity additions by blending in fresh fruits like strawberries, mangoes, or watermelon. The natural sweetness and flavors will complement the Rooh Afza, creating a delightful fusion.
- Minty Twist: Introduce a burst of freshness by adding a handful of fresh mint leaves to the blender. The combination of mint and Rooh Afza offers a cool and invigorating flavor profile.
- Yogurt Delight: For a creamier texture and a slight tanginess, incorporate yogurt into the mix. This variation adds a luscious and refreshing dimension to the Rooh Afza milkshake.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 134mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 9g
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.