Oregano & Cardamom Roasted Chicken with Braised Fava Beans, Artichokes, and Peas is a delicious one pot meal recipe. This roasted chicken recipe is tender, juicy, full of flavor and aroma. This is the best Oregano and Cardamom roasted chicken recipe which will tempt you to make over and over again!
The guest who is sharing with us her Ramadan delicacy ‘Roasted Chicken’ is Samah of Good Cooks. Samah is mom of three, middle eastern by birth and now enjoying her life in USA. She believes cooking is a learning process and says it’s considered a bonus if you have a sense in loving food and if you know how to love eating food. Scroll down to read Samah’s delicious nutritious chicken recipe. Thank you Samah for bringing this wonderful braised vegetables loaded chicken roast.
Oregano & Cardamom Roasted Chicken with Braised Fava Beans, Artichokes, and Peas from Samah of Good Cooks
Roasted chicken is one of the comfort food I love to go with, not only in Ramadan, but also in my regular busy days. Whether I’m looking for delicious and nutritious food to feed my family or something elegant and understated to serve at a friends gathering. It’s easy to make and quick to prepare. Serve it with another side, mainly vegetables, you’ll have a satisfying complete meal.
Simple Roast Chicken Recipe
Best Chicken Recipes To Try,
Why Cardamom in Roasted Chicken?
Oregano and Cardamom Roasted Chicken
Oregano & Cardamom Roasted Chicken with Braised Fava Beans, Artichokes, and Peas is a nutritious and delicious one pot meal recipe.
- For Roated Chicken
- 2 small Chicken, 1 pound each
- About 15 whole Cardamom pod
- 3 large cloves Garlic, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. fresh Oregano, or dried
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- ½ tsp. All spice, ground
- 1 cup frozen Peas
- 1 ½ cup frozen Fava beans
- ½ Onion sliced in quarters
- ½ cup marinated quartered artichokes
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tsp mashed Garlic
- 1 cup thinly sliced Roma tomato
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ tsp. All spice ground
How to make Oregano and Cardamom Roasted Chicken
- Using a mortar and pestle, pound the cardamoms to loosen the husk.
- Remove these and continue to pound the seeds to bruise them and release their flavor.
- Add the roughly chopped garlic, salt, and chopped oregano leaves. Pound for a few minutes, mixing all the ingredients together well.
- Then add 3 tablespoon of olive oil and stir in well. Continue crushing until you have thick, smooth paste.
- Season the chicken with salt all spices first make sure to rub in every part, then rub three- quarter of the paste over the chicken, ensuring that you get in all the little cracks and crevices.
- Mix the remaining paste with the remaining olive oil and then pour over the chicken. Cover and marinade the chicken for 4 - 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven at 400 f. Place the chicken in an oven pan and season with crushed black pepper.
- Cook the chicken in the oven for about an hour, until the birds are golden all over.
- Toward the end of cooking, brush the birds all over with the remaining marinade.
- Serve with braised fava, artichoke, and peas (recipe follow), and a side dish of cracked wheat pilaf.
Preparing Braise for Roasted Chicken
- In pot, add the peas, fava beans, and sliced onion.
- Fill to cover with hot boiled water, boil for 10 minutes on medium heat, then drain and refresh in cold water.
- In a pan, add oil and slightly sauté the garlic. Add the sliced tomato and mix with garlic.
- Add fava beans, peas and onion, moving them gently around the oil.
- Finally add the marinated artichokes, season with salt and pepper, add the spice, cook for 1 min.
This flavorsome Roasted Chicken is complete meal in itself. As this has got wonderful flavours of braised peas, fava beans and artichokes.
You can serve this roasted chicken with pilaf, pulao or biryani.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 262mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 16g
I lakshmi…loved ur blog…..btw i author ablog too its called cookncackle.blogspot.in…if you get time pls have a look too….
i so love this dish, as a big fan of roasted chicken anytime! LOve Samah's blog and her fresh approach to cooking..you choose really talented ladies, Lubna!
awesome post n clicks !!
Ambreen (Simply Sweet 'n Savory) says
Delicious & flavorful Chicken roast and the pictures are so tempting!