November…Sweet November is finally here….bringing in hint of winter…..and reminding me of soon coming children’s day….being in school, Children’s day, Independence Day, Republic Day and Teacher’s Day had their own significance. Growing up they just seem to be a holiday….But this year it is different, my lil’M started going to school and this would be her first children’s day at school, which I am more exited of….
As I am working on the menu for children’s day event at lil’M’s school…I thought of adding these no bake mini cakes in the menu…as lil’M is huge fan of these, when I first made these for her in-house doll party. It is such a fun to see the girls grow by…..When lil’M announced that she wanted a cake for her and her friend who is going to join her doll party the other day…I thought of making this mini cakes as I have got chocolate frosting left from the frosting of cup cakes.
The only thing you need is do is to make these in advance as these take nearly 5-6 hours to set. When both the girls were busy playing with their kitchen toys, I noticed how lil’M was mimicking me in her toy kitchen. I was amazed to see her doing everything I do in kitchen…and even uttering the words I do when I cook…like if anyone calls me when I am in kitchen I say ek minute (one minute)…every now and then she is saying ek minute…ek minute…
When I am grinding something, lil’M will come and ask me to give her anything…..I will say I am not dancing in the kitchen…I am busy grinding….when she repeated it out playing with her toy grinder, everyone busted into laugh…the highlight of the day was when she completed her cooking and took out a wooden board to start her platting to shoot the food with her toy camera.
Upon asking by her friend what she is doing, lil’M said with pride that her mom does it always before serving her food. I don’t know what the other girl thought of…but I was blushing…and thinking do I do this always….??? It’s really bliss to watch girls grow…but why do they grow so fast…..???
So this month you will get to see some sweet indulgence, which are kid favourite and let me warm you which are loaded with lots of chocolate and love….Lots more to come….For today’s recipe you need
- 200 gms. Dark Chocolate
- 1 cup Whipped Cream
- 1 tbsp. Butter, room temperature
- ½ tbsp. Vanilla essence
- 6 Digestive Biscuits, I used Britannia Nutri Choice Digestive Biscuits
- 1 tbsp. powdered biscuit/chocolate jimmies/color sprinklers
- Start by melting chocolate by double boiler method or in microwave.
- To whipped cream add vanilla essence and butter. Whisk and add melted dark chocolate. Whisk until smooth and shiny. Now our rich chocolate layer is ready.
- Now grease ramekins with butter or line ramekins with plastic foil, so it hangs over the sides. Drop in a dollop of chocolate mixture and place a biscuit. Using your finger press the biscuit gently so that chocolate mixture come from sides.
- Now spread another layer of chocolate onto the biscuit. Stack it with another biscuit and press gently. Repeat till you complete your three biscuit layers.
- Top with chocolate layer. Gently tap the ramekins and leave them to set in the fridge for 6 hours or more.
- Run sharp knife around the edges of the ramekin before you unmould it to your desired serving plate. If you have used plastic foil then gently pull out that plastic foil holding the edges and very gently peel it off from the mini cake.
- Sprinkle powdered biscuit or chocolate jimmies or color sprinkles to make these mini cakes more attractive.
- Add love to make these mini cakes taste ‘YUMMY’.
- You can substitute nutella for dark chocolate.
- You can even use chocolate chips in making this.
- You can even flavour chocolate layer by adding orange juice or pumpkin puree.
- You can even make this using peanut butter or go creative by using one layer of peanut butter and one layer of chocolate.
Looks amazing! 🙂 Definitely worth a try. Very cute pictures too.
Ruxana Gafoor says
looks real yummy…lovely clicks too
Shama Nagarajan says
cute presentation lubna….hugs dear….yummy cake
prathibha Garre says
Nicely done simple cake…looks yumm with those cute props behind
Hamaree Rasoi says
Cakes look so cute and inviting. Simply mouthwatering.
ha ha love that am not dancing in the kitchen and can totally imagine her reapeting the same. the cakes are so cute. no wonder the lil one loved em.
Priya Suresh says
Very cute set up.. Simple and delicious biscuit cakes.
Gayathri Ramanan says
cute and lovely cake..
I make a similar cake and I can imagine how delicious this must be. Kids love it for sure 😀
Such little cuties!
Shaami (Shajitha Habeeb) says
Luv ur presentation. Thanks for dropping by my space and leaving your lovely words there.