Today’s post is yet another simple microwave recipe. Yeah I know what you may be thinking off….These days I am experimenting a lot with microwave and I love doing it so…Today’s recipe is one of the recipe which I tried in the process of pantry cleaning. I had some all purpose flour left with me and some condense milk. I had so many recipes in mind taking these two ingredients, but finally I set my mind to make a microwave cake recipe…which is simple and yum…. If you remember in my previous post where I had mentioned about a cake which I made and took with me on a long and tiring train journey? Then this was the cake I was talking about. It stayed fresh all through the day
and we enjoyed eating it.
and we enjoyed eating it.
I advice you to grease the microwave bowl with the butter and then dust it with flour. This process helps you in unmoulding the cake easily. You can even line with butter or parchment paper before pouring in the batter. You should be little cautious while making microwave cakes, as the microwave cakes turn grainy or dry if you bake for long. Microwave cakes take 3-5 minutes depending on the amount to batter, microwave model and capacity. So if you are going to make cake for the first time in microwave then keep an eye on the timer and it is always good to check the check for every 30 seconds. Read ‘tips’ at the bottom of the post for more information on microwave baking.
As this cake takes whole together less than 30 minutes in making, you can make this to your sweet kids who are at home these days enjoying there vacation and who want something sweet to munch on while playing. Condensed milk used in the cake has given the cake a smooth texture and perfect sweetness. So what are you waiting for, try this out today and do let me know how it turned out….?
- 2 cups Maida/All purpose flour + 2 tbsp. for dusting
- ½ tbsp. Baking powder
- ¼ tbsp. Baking soda
- ½ cup Milk
- ¾ tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 3/4 tin Condensed Milk
- ½ cup Tutti Frutti
- ½ cup melted Butter + ½ tbsp. for greasing
- 2 Eggs
- Pinch of Salt
- Grease a microwave safe bowl with butter and dust it with flour. Tap the bowl turning upside down to remove excess flour. Sprinkle some flour on tutti frutti and set aside.
- Sift maida, baking powder, baking soda and salt all together for 2-3 times. This process is just to incorporate everything together.
- Beat eggs with vanilla extract and milk. Now add condense milk and butter. Whisk till everything combines well. Now slowly fold in the sifted flour. Add in tutti frutti and mix gently to avoid lumps.
- Pour the batter into greased and dusted microwave safe bowl. Tap around to make sure the batter is scattered evenly. Microwave on high for 4 minutes or until the toothpick/skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the cake in the microwave for another 1 minute before taking out. After taking out allow the cake to come down to room temperature before you cut into pieces.
- Last but not least add your ‘love’ to make the dish ‘YUMMY’.
- Microwave time will vary depending on the microwave model.
- Start checking from 3 minutes for every 30 seconds.
- Microwave cakes do not carry shelf life. They had to be
consumed with in a day.
Microwave cakes cook fast in the center so it is always advisable to insert the toothpick or skewer in the sides to check whether the cake is done or not.