The keto diet has emerged as a favored choice for people looking to lose weight in recent years. The popularity is such that you can also order keto meals online from leading portals such as EatSure. The Keto diet is endorsed by many celebrities, which only adds to its popularity. However, it has also been a matter of much debate among health experts. Do you consider switching to the keto diet and wonder whether it is right for you? Here is a post which tells everything you need to know about keto diet.
What is Keto Diet?
It is a high-fat diet with moderate protein and very low carbs. The keto diet is limited in sugar, forcing the body to burn fat for energy. With the lack of sugar for fuel, the body turns the available fat into ketones. There is a greater emphasis on good fats. Due to the lack of carbs, the body reaches a state of ketosis and starts using fat for fuel; hence, weight loss is dramatic. This diet includes no starchy vegetables, bread, beans, grains, and milk-based desserts.
Is Keto Diet Safe?
The diet is restricted to specific categories such as grains, fruits, and vegetables which can cause nutritional deficiencies. While your body adapts to ketosis, you can experience symptoms such as mood swings, upset stomach, and dizziness.
Also, the diet puts added stress on the kidneys and liver. The diet is not recommended for people with liver, thyroid, and pancreas conditions.
What to eat & what not?
A healthy keto diet contains meat, fish, eggs, and natural fats. You need to keep the daily intake of cards under 20 grams.
Meat and Poultry are great choices for keto. You can have lamb, poultry, and mutton of all kinds. You can also have soy products.
Most fish and seafood are keto-friendly. Crab, lobster, shrimp, tuna and salmon are excellent choices to keep your carbs low.
Eggs are delicious and keto-friendly. You can have boiled or omelet, poached or scrambled eggs.
Leaf vegetables, cucumber, celery, broccoli, avocado, and radish are keto-friendly. Berries, lemons, and melons are also fine.
You can have almonds, hazelnuts, peanuts, pine nuts and walnuts. Cashews are higher in carbs compared to other nuts. So limit the use of cashews in your diet.
Cheese, butter, and cream can also be part of a keto diet. Avoid flavored yogurt. starchy vegetables, and milk that add to carbs intake.
Reasons to switch to a keto diet
1. Enhances metabolism: The main reason is to increase your metabolism and burn fat even while at rest.
2. Improves immunity: Switching to keto can help increase white blood cells and increase the body’s immunity.
3. Slow down aging: keto diet can assist in slowing down aging.
4. improves cholesterol: Studies show that a good keto diet plan can help decrease up to 30 points in six weeks and help reduce the risk of heart diseases.
Here are some of the keto recipes to try
Creamy Chicken And Spinach
This Italian recipe is quick to prepare and keto-friendly. It is a must-try for every chicken lover. This one-pan recipe is made using creamy parmesan sauce, spinach, and dried tomatoes. Garnish the chicken with pepper and salt.
use Olive oil to saute the chicken and spinach. You can also add onions, garlic, and red pepper. Now, add cream, cheese, and chicken broth. This creamy chicken spinach recipe is the perfect keto meal with only three net carbs.
It is hard to find good Keto biscuits that are not soggy or flavorless, but these are delicious with a crisp outside and tender cheese inside. It contains only 2 grams of carbs, making it the perfect keto diet.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Whisk almond flour, some salt, and baking powder in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, cheese and butter
- combine the contents of two bowls
- Drop batter into the baking pan
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes
- brush mixture of butter, parsley and salt on the biscuits
Keto Chicken Pot Pie
You can use shredded or cooked chicken in this recipe. Include veggies such as celery, carrots, onions and peas. Veggies with lower carbs(broccoli, spinach, and cauliflower) are worth trying. The cream cheese helps add consistency to the dish.
To make the crust, you need 2 cups of almond flour, one egg, Himalayan pink salt, shredded cheddar cheese, and unsalted butter.
You need diced onions, chicken broth, shredded chicken, frozen peas, and carrots for filling.
- Flatten the dough using parchment paper
- Prebake the crust for 5-6 minutes
- sauté onion and celery in butter
- Whisk chicken broth, cream cheese, and seasonings
These delicious keto meatballs are juicy, tender and full of flavor. The key ingredients include parmesan cheese and almond flour. Cheese adds flavor to the dish, while almond flour helps it bulk up.
You can use chicken or mutton in meatballs for flavor and texture. You can also add mushrooms to improve the flavor and moisture content. To add the fat content, use heavy cream. The carbs content is very low (1g) per serving.
- Use a pan for baking the meatballs
- Eggs give a tender texture to the meatballs
- Garnish with cheese and bake under they turn brown
- Add basil or parsley
Egg Roll Bowl
This keto recipe is packed with protein. The egg rolls have cabbage, garlic, soy sauce, ginger and sesame oil. Add eggs at the end of cooking for extra flavor. It is low in calories and contains healthy fats and omega 3s.
- Brown the meat in a large skillet.
- Put garlic and sauté for around 1 minute.
- Add cabbage, ginger, and soy sauce.
- To this add little water to sauté
- Add an egg in the center of the skillet
- And cook on low heat
- Sprinkle some sesame oil and green onions
- Add soy sauce
If you are ready to skip usual dietary staples and keen to lose weight, the keto diet is a good choice. It is worth switching to a keto diet if you do not have significant health problems. However, you must be prepared to go on a restricted diet. If you are looking to order keto items online then do not forget to use Eat Sure coupons to get up to 50% off on your order. On the other hand, if you have any medical conditions, take the doctor’s advice and guidance of a nutritionist to go on this diet.