Microwave Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 1½ cups + 2 tbsp. All Purpose Flour
- 1½ cups Icing sugar
- 4 tbsp. unsweetened Cocoa powder (I used Cadbury brand)
- ½ tbsp. Baking powder
- ¼ tbsp. Baking soda
- pinch of Salt
- ½ cup +2 tbsp. Butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup Milk (room temperature)
- 2 Eggs
- ½ tbsp. Vanilla essence
- Grease a microwave safe bowl with butter and dust with all-purpose flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl sieve in all the ingredients listed under dry ingredients. Repeat this process for 2-3 times. This process helps in combining the ingredients all together without any lumps.
- Now in a bowl beat eggs, vanilla essence and milk. Now add in butter and combine. This is our wet
- Now make a well in the sieved dry ingredients and add in the above wet ingredients mixture folding slowly and gently. Mix till you get lump-free batter.
- Slowly pour the batter into greased microwave safe bowl and gently tap the bowl on kitchen counter by turning around the bowl. This process helps in scattering the batter evenly and removes air-bubbles.
- Cover with cling film. Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or till the skewer comes out clean. Leave it to cool for 6-10 minutes and remove from silicone mold and place on cake wire stand to cool completely.
- Once the cake is completely cool, using a palette knife gently spread across the vanilla buttercream frosting, starting from top to sides of the cake.
- Last but not least add your ‘love’ to make the cake taste ‘YUMMY’.
- Always remember to frost the cake when it is completely cooled. Otherwise buttercream frosting will melt away.
- ½ cup unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 150 gms. Icing Sugar
- ½ tbsp. Vanilla essence
- 4-5 tbsp. Milk
- In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Now add icing sugar, vanilla essence and 2-3 tbsp. of milk. Beat until smooth and shiny. Add more milk if required.
- I used electric beater (I chilled the blades by keeping them in refrigerator for an hour along with the bowl) and it eased my work. Remember to taste and adjust sugar.
- If you find the icing to be thick, then you can add 1-2 tbsps. of milk and beat again until smooth.
- You can make this icing a day ahead and store in the fridge. Before using bring the frosting to room temperature and beat again until smooth.
- Microwave timing can differ depending on the models. Mine is 20 lit. capacity IFB Microwave with 1200 W.
Though Ramadan is not about feasting and it is during these 30 days of fasting we learn to control our nafs. Through this event I want to let the world know how fasting is observed in different countries of the globe(US, UK, Singapore, UAE, India, Pakistan, New Zealand, Indonesia, China, etc.,) and what are the traditional recipes they make usually during this time of the month……Joy From Fasting To Feasting is in its seventh season this year….and I am happy to say that you will be delighted by the much talented and some new Muslim Food Bloggers round the globe….who are coming down to share their favourite or traditional Ramadan Recipes with us all…..I bet this would be a joy filled ride…..Do join in to know more and indulge in the world cuisine which is class apart…..
Amrita Roy says
Happy Birthday to one of the most humble and talented bloggers I know!
The cake looks glorious!
I keenly follow the 'Ramadan' posts on your blog, even if I may not make them. This event brings forth much sharing and good wishes from everyone around the globe. I guess that is the success of this wonderful event you have conceived. May you grow from strength to greater strength!
Razina Javed says
Congrats, excited to c the delicacies of this year….
Rafeeda AR says
that cake looks so good dear… congrats on ur blog's sixth anniversary… looking forward to all the posts being scheduled for Ramadan… 🙂
Shama Nagarajan says
Congrats lubna !!!….gorgeous cake….keep on rocking dear
Rosa's Yummy Yums says
Happy Birthday! Your cake look beautiful and extremely tempting.
wow thats one great looking cake!! and a great way to celebrate !!!congrats
Niloufer Riyaz says
Mubarak ! On ur blog anniversary !
Dear Admin thanks for sharing nice information with us and your post have infroamtion reagrding birthday planning.Today demand for event planner day by day increasing.