Christmas Tree Gingerbread Brownies are a delightful holiday twist with the classic gingerbread flavor. These festive brownies are shaped like Christmas trees and combine the warm, spiced aroma of gingerbread with the fun and decorative look of a holiday tree. They’re made by baking a rich gingerbread brownie base and decorating them with green icing and colorful sprinkles. These sweet treats are perfect for adding a touch of holiday magic to your dessert table and will bring joy to both kids and adults. Enjoy the taste of gingerbread and the spirit of Christmas all in one bite!
About This Recipe
Celebrate the joy of the holiday season with these delightful Christmas Tree Gingerbread Brownies. These festive treats are the perfect combination of rich chocolatey goodness and warming gingerbread spices.
These Christmas Tree Gingerbread Brownies not only taste amazing but also add a wonderful touch to any holiday gathering or festive dessert table. Their charming shape and delightful flavors make them a favorite among kids and adults alike. Serve them with a cup of hot cocoa or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra indulgent treat.
Spread the holiday cheer with these delectable Christmas Tree Gingerbread Brownies. They are sure to bring smiles to faces and create memorable moments with loved ones. Enjoy the magic of the season with every bite!
Christmas Tree Gingerbread Brownies Ingredients
For Making Gingerbread Brownies
Dark or Semi-Sweet Chocolate: Adds richness and depth to the brownies, enhancing the chocolate flavor and complementing the spiced gingerbread taste.
Unsalted Butter: Butter provides moisture, flavor, and a tender texture to the brownies.
Castor Sugar: Castor sugar sweetens the brownies, creating a delicate crumb and helping to achieve the right texture.
Dark Cocoa Powder: Dark cocoa powder intensifies the chocolate flavor and contributes to the rich, dark color of the brownies.
Eggs: Eggs provide structure and moisture, helping the brownies rise become soft and chewy.
All-Purpose Flour: Flour is the primary dry ingredient, helping to bind the brownies and create a proper texture.
Cinnamon Powder: Cinnamon adds a warm, spiced flavor that is characteristic of gingerbread.
Nutmeg Powder: Nutmeg enhances the gingerbread flavor with its aromatic, slightly nutty taste.
Dry Ginger Powder: Ginger powder contributes the classic gingerbread spiciness to the brownies.
Vanilla Extract: Vanilla adds a sweet, aromatic undertone to the brownies, enhancing their overall flavor.
White Chocolate: White chocolate for icing provides a creamy, sweet contrast to the rich brownies.
Whipping Cream: Whipping cream is creates a smooth and creamy texture for the icing.
Green Coloring: The green food coloring is used to tint the icing green, giving the brownies a festive appearance resembling Christmas trees.
Colored Sprinkles: Colored sprinkles as a decoration on the icing adds a fun and festive touch to the brownies.
Tips To Make Best Christmas Gingerbread Brownies
- Prep Your Ingredients: Gather all your ingredients and equipment before you start. This includes dark chocolate, unsalted butter, sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, flour, spices, vanilla extract, white chocolate (for icing), whipping cream, green food coloring, and colored sprinkles.
- Preheat and Prepare: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a 9×13-inch baking pan with parchment paper, allowing it to overhang for easy removal.
- Melt Chocolate and Butter: In a saucepan, melt dark chocolate and butter over low heat. Stir until smooth, then set it aside to cool slightly.
- Mix Wet Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Combine with Chocolate: Pour the slightly cooled chocolate-butter mixture into the bowl with the wet ingredients. Stir until fully combined.
- Incorporate Dry Ingredients: Add all-purpose flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and dry ginger powder to the mixture. Stir until just combined; don’t overmix.
- Bake and Cool: Pour the gingerbread brownie batter into the prepared pan, spread it evenly, and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool the brownies on a wire rack.
- Cut into Christmas Trees: Once cooled, cut the brownies into triangles or like Christmas trees (as shown in the picture below) or any desired shape.
- Make Icing: In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate. Stir until smooth. Add this to whipped cream. Add a few drops of green food coloring to achieve the desired shade of green.
- Decorate: Use the green icing to cover the brownie trees, creating the appearance of green foliage. Decorate with colored sprinkles as ornaments.
- Serve and Enjoy: Your Christmas Gingerbread Brownies are ready to be enjoyed as a festive and delicious holiday treat.
- 5 ounces or 150g Dark or Semi sweet Chocolate , chopped
- ¾ cup Butter, unsalted
- 1 cup Castor Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Dark Cocoa powder
- 3 large Eggs
- ¾ cup All purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon powder
- ½ tbsp. Nutmeg powder
- 1 tsp. dry Ginger powder
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 100g White chocolate chopped
- 2 tbsp. Whipping Cream
- Few drops green coloring
- Coloured sprinkles
Recipe For Christmas Tree Gingerbread Brownies
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease an 8x8-inch (20x20 cm) square baking pan or line it with parchment paper for easy removal.
- Melt Chocolate and Butter: In a microwave-safe bowl or using a double boiler, melt the chopped chocolate and butter together until smooth. If using a microwave, heat in 20-30 second intervals, stirring between each interval to prevent overheating. Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together the castor sugar, dark cocoa powder, all-purpose flour, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and dry ginger powder.
- Combine Wet Ingredients: Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the melted chocolate and butter mixture. Stir well until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients: Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; we need a smooth batter.
- Pour into the Pan: Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading it evenly with a spatula.Tap the pan on kitchen counter to release the air bubbles.
- Bake: Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. The exact baking time may vary depending on your oven, so keep a close eye on them to avoid overbaking.
- Cool: Remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Once the brownies reach room temperature, cut them into squares or triangles and set aside.
- Chill Your Equipment: Before you begin, make sure that the mixing bowl, beaters, or whisk attachments are well-chilled. You can even place them in the refrigerator for a while to ensure they're cold.
- Whip the Cream: Pour the cold heavy whipping cream into the chilled mixing bowl. To this add melted white chocolate. You can also add the optional vanilla extract at this stage.
- Start Whipping: Using a hand mixer, stand mixer, or a whisk, begin whipping the cream at low speed. After a minute or so, when it starts to thicken slightly, increase the speed to medium.
- Add Green Food Coloring: Once the cream has reached the desired thickness (it should form soft peaks), you can add green food coloring. Start with a small amount, and then mix it in. Add more food coloring as needed to achieve the desired shade of green. Remember that the color will become more vibrant as you continue to mix.
- Finish Whipping: Continue whipping the cream at medium-high speed until it forms stiff peaks. Stiff peaks mean that when you lift the beaters or whisk, the cream should hold its shape without collapsing.
Decorating Christmas Tree Gingerbread Brownies
- Pour the icing in a piping bag, cut a little from the tip of the disposable bag and pipe in a zigzag pattern starting from the top of the brownie pieces.
- Top it with some sprinkles of your choice.
- Add love to make these brownies taste 'Yummy'.
You can even cruch and add candy cane pieces or any sprinkles of your choice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 333Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 29mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 4g
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.