Most of the times I will be skipping my lunch not because I am dieting but because I hate eating alone. From my mom to my hubby to my friends everyone scold me for skipping lunches. But I can’t do anything. It has become an habit now. Now and then when I feel more hungry I will pander on fruit or biscuits or cake or chocolates. If nothing is readily available then I will search for leftovers in the fridge. When hunger strikes hard, leftover(s) come as my rescue. Today’s recipe is also born out of that hunger. One afternoon when I was feeling hungry and lazy I started searching for what is there in the fridge? All I can see is tomato, green chilli, eggs and leftover chicken fry. As laziness crawls and hunger strikes I thought I will have roti and omelette with tomato salad. I was about to cook roti then I thought of making it more interesting by coating it with beaten egg and stuffing it with tomato salad. Hence the recipe Chicken Wrap is born. Try filling it with baked potatoes/leftover aloo masala/stir fried aloo and the variations go on.
- 2 Chapati/Roti *
- 2 Eggs
- 5-6 tbsp Chicken Fry pieces
- 1 Onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tomato, deseeded and chopped
- 2 Green Chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 2 fresh springs Coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp Chaat Masala
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- In a small bowl beat the eggs with little salt and set aside.
- Now follow the procedure to make roti and when you are ready to cook them, cook on one side for one minute and turn to the other side. On the little cooked side gently coat with beaten egg mixture.
- Now turn the roti and add oil all along the sides to get the egg layer properly cooked.
- Take out roti on a kitchen towel/tissue and then add ingredients listed under stuffing and wrap/roll it with kitchen tissue.
- Serve hot with tomato chutney or ketchup.
- Last but not least add your ‘love’ to make the dish ‘YUMMY’.