Many of us actually most of us like simple and easy to cook recipes, recipes which are full of flavour, taste and that which can be made in less time. Yet times ‘time management’ is the basic key word for Indian recipes. Morning time is always a busy time, when we have to cook and pack lunch for the dear ones, cooking and serving breakfast, tea/coffee and sometimes when the maid is not on time or on leave then just imagine the whole amount of work. In case you are not having maid then think of washing vessels and arranging them.
Oh God! Many a times, I will think, wish I could have two more hands to manage all this work. This is the situation of a normal house wife; just imagine how it will be for a working mom….Gosh! To avoid all this uneasy situations which upsets mood early in the morning, I will chop, cut and trim vegetables in the night while watching my favorite TV soaps. This not only gives you a peace of mind in the morning but also eases your work. This will also give you a little time to stretch before getting yourself soaking up in the daily chores. Enjoy Cooking! Coming to today’s recipe, it is simple, easy and delectable combo with roti.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 kg Turai | Ridge Gourd, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 Onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 Green chili, cut long and deseeded
- 1 tbsp. Red chili powder
- ¼ tbsp. Turmeric powder
- 3-4 springs fresh Coriander leaves
Tempering | Tadka
- ½ tbsp. Mustard seeds
- ½ tbsp. Jeera | Cumin
- 1 dry Red chili
- 6-9 Curry leaves
How to make Bagari Turai ka Salan
- Add oil to a heavy bottom cooking pan or kadai add oil. When oil gets heated up add all the ingredients listed under 'tempering'.
- On a medium flame fry till curry leaves till they change color. Now add onions and saute for a while.
- When the onions are translucent, add turai pieces, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and green chilies.
- Using a spoon slightly mix up the ingredients and cook on a low flame by covering with a lid. Cook till all the water evaporates.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with piping hot rotis or rice.
- Add 'love' to make this Bagari Turai ka Salan taste 'YUMMY'.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 347Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 754mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 10gSugar: 17gProtein: 12g