In the wintery evenings, a creamy bowl of vegan mushroom risotto garnished with the mushrooms seasoned in garlic is the perfect delight to relish with family and friends.
As we all know, a typical mushroom risotto recipe has parmesan cheese in it. And mushrooms are densely topped with extra cheese. And in this vegan risotto recipe, we will not skip the cheesy part! But there is an innovation here, that we will use white vinegar for two reasons. One white vinegar does not cause acidity, and second, it enhances the taste of cheese.
This vegan recipe is rich and creamy. It produces a palate full of creamy texture while at the same time, it has fewer calories because the vegan recipe does not have any cream in it. So, it is a good option for health freaks and diet conscious people. So, if you are a vegan and rice lover, this vegan risotto with creamy mushroom is a must-try recipe in these winters.
Mushroom Risotto is,
⇨Vegan | Vegetarian
⇨Wheat Free | Gluten Free
⇨Dairy Free | Soy Free
Ingredients for Vegan Risotto with Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Chopped onions
- 100 g Mushrooms
- 3 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1 cup Risotto rice
- 3 cups Vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp. Vegan Butter
- ¼ cup Vegan Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup White Vinegar
- Fresh parsley or coriander (chopped)
How to Make Yummy Vegan Risotto with Mushrooms?
- Place a pot on the hob and pour olive oil in it. Heat it well and add chopped onions. Sauté chopped onions on low flame until they soften and become transparent.
- Once the onions softened, add chopped garlic and toss it.
- Slice the mushrooms with your chef knife and keep the thickness of the slices as per your likings. But the medium thickness of slices is recommended.
- Add sliced mushrooms to the pot and tossed them as well.
- Place the pot lid on the pot and allow the mushrooms to cook for a while. This is an important step and allow the mushrooms to release their juices in the pot.
- After a few minutes, add risotto rice to the pot. Sauté all the ingredients in the pot for a while.
- Pour half of the vegetable stock into the pot. Cover the pot lid and cook all the ingredients on medium flame until rice absorbs all the vegetable stock. Cook it for twenty minutes.
- After twenty minutes, add the remaining vegetable stock and white vinegar to the pot. And cook it again for ten minutes or until all the stock and vinegar is absorbed in the risotto rice.
- The step of slow cooking will aid the release of all the flavors from the stock, while white vinegar will enhance the overall taste.
- Turn off the hob and add two tablespoons of the vegan butter. Now, season it with sea salt and black pepper as per your taste.
- Garnish it with vegan parmesan cheese but be moderate if you are on diet.
Your delicious vegan risotto with mushrooms is ready. Serve it with freshly chopped coriander or parsley. If you want some more cheesy bites, you can garnish it with more parmesan cheese.