With the begin of summer vacation, lil’M being at home, request for snacks begin….Kids love to have munch on snacks and with in-house doll parties, kids coming and going…I always make it a point to stock a jar of munching snacks for these little butterflies….Summer is not only all about kiddo’s vacation but also about IPL too…so made a huge jar of these ribbon pakoda or murukku along with other munch on snacks…to entertain friends over IPL. The he only guilt in making this recipe is…these goodies are deep fried…wink, wink….
Ribbon Pakoda/Ribbon Murukku
- 2 Cups Rice flour
- ½ cup Urad dal flour
- ½ cup Oats, dry roasted and powdered
- ½ tbsp. Ajwain/Carom seeds
- 1 tbsp. Red chili powder
- 3 tbsp. hot Ghee/Butter/Oil
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Water for kneading
- In a bowl mix sift rice flour, urad dal flour and oats powder.
- Add ajwain, red chili powder, salt and hot ghee. Mix gently using your fingers until the mixture resembles bread crumbs. Now slowly add water little by little and make stiff dough (the dough should be just soft enough to pass through the murukupresser).
- Heat enough oil in a kadai or in a wide and thick bottom vessel for deep frying muruku. Now take muruku maker/presser and use the long slits attachment/disc. Grease with little oil and fill little more than half of the murukka maker/presser with the above kneaded dough.
- Press gently to check whether the dough is coming out of the attachment properly or not. Once the dough is coming out from all the slits, reduce the flame and in gentle slow circular movements, press the murukku maker to form a circle in the oil.
- Increase the flame to medium heat and wait till muruku starts to change color. Flip again using a slotted ladle and fry till light golden. Make sure to cook evenly. Drain on kitchen tissue and leave it to cool.
- Repeat to complete the rest of the dough. Leave the murukku to room temperature. Once cool, store these ribbon pakoda/ribbon murukku in a clean and dry air tight container.
- Add love to make these ribbon pakoda taste ‘Yummy’.
Play with the discs available with the murukku maker/presser to get different shapes.
Review on Asus ZenPad 7.0
MORE HIGHLIGHTS ABOUT THIS ASUS ZENPAD 7.0
As this time I carried my Asus ZenPad 7.0 with me to click pictures, I got a chance to share a quick video on how to shape these gavvalu on my Instagram handle. You can check it here. And we even had gala time listening to some our all-time favourite numbers in Asus ZenPad 7.0 while cooking. Let me tell you Asus ZenPad 7.0 is the world’s first tablet to integrate DTS-HD Premium Sound transforming the audio experience. It creates an immersive cinema-style experience with deep, rich bass enhanced from 300Hz to 700Hz and treble enhanced from 7kHz to 15kHz. It also gives crystal clear dialogue that keeps a consistent volume. It has a wider range, which is one octave lower and one octave higher thanks to its SonicMaster technology. Isn’t it amazing?? A DTS-HD Premium Sound speaker is built in to the CA71 ASUS Audio Cover, which snaps simply onto the rear of the device. It is perfect for enhancing the enjoyment of movies, YouTube videos and music. The single strip speaker is six in one, incorporating four Main speakers, one Centre and one Subwoofer and delivers sound in an upward direction. It has six hours of battery life.
Along with this Asus ZenPad 7.0 uses the latest image processing technology usually found on high-end TVs, it analyses every pixel to optimise and sharpen each one. 60 million display optimizations per second on HD screen Contrast & sharpness optimization applied to each pixel. This tab has also got an amazing pre-installed ‘mini movie’ app which allows you to choose the pictures in the tab and create a mini movie for you just like that….not only this…this app has got 6 built in backgrounds and music to choose from to apply to your mini movie. I created a one with the pictures I clicked yesterday in the park. I really loved this mini movie app.
I was looking out for something like….Tap the Kids Mode app to open a safe area for your children when using the ASUS ZenPad 7.0 Z370CG. It has a browser with filtering and parental controls plus PIN codes to prevent access. You can even set a time limit on their usage. Now I get peace of mind when my darling plays over the tab. You can also make phone calls using your ASUS ZenPad 7.0 Z370CG when a SIM-card is inserted into the slot underneath the Back Cover. Connect to your PC to share data or use Remote Link to turn the ASUS ZenPad 7.0 Z370CG into a PowerPoint or Windows Media Player controller. The ASUS ZenPad 7.0 Z370CG features two PixelMaster cameras. The Rear Camera is 8MP in quality and has auto-focus while the Front Camera is 2MP. The pictures you see in this post are all from ZenPad 7.0. As the pictures came out so good, all I did is edited them with copyright and then collaged with built in PhotoCollage and with 3G network capability I could share this recipe with you in no time.
This is going to be best when I am travelling…as I can click, edit, even write a blog post, and share with you on go. Saves lot of time to me and I can use it anywhere and everywhere with my convince. I just fell in love with this black beauty…I recommend this as must buy if you are looking out for a tab with all the features I have mentioned. Thumbs up for Asus ZenPad 7.0. By it today to get that wonderful ASUSZEN experience.
- The ASUS ZenPad 7.0 Z370CG design has been influenced by its similarity to the way a clutch bag would
be carried by its owner.
- It features a fashionable embossed leather pattern, clean lines, a 6.35mm slim bezel and rounded edges for a more comfortable grip and ergonomic holding position.
- The Rear Camera has 15 effects modes to choose from while there are 8 on the Front Camera. These include Low-Light Mode, HDR (for better backlit images); Beautification (to improve portraits by adjusting the softness or brightness of the skin, eye size and cheek width); a Selfie mode with 140 degree Panorama if used with the front camera; Time Lapse; Time Rewind and Smart Remove, which deletes moving objects such as passers-by from the background of your shot.
- The ASUS ZenPad 7.0 Z370CG can merge four pixels into one super pixel. Pixel Merging means 400% brighter photos at night while Pixel Perfecting intelligently adjusts the noise level and can increase contrast by 200%.
- The HDR mode on the Rear Camera creates superior images in backlit conditions by balancing the exposure and automatically adjusting brightness and contrast.
- The innovative Time Rewind mode automatically captures burst shots for a period of two seconds prior to the shutter button being pressed and for one second after to assist users to capture that perfect moment.
- Asus ZenPad 7.0 is world first tablet with interchangeable add-ons to enhance the sounds and the battery life.
- HD display (1280×800) with 72% view area and corning Gorilla glass.
- 8 hours battery life plus the chance to extend this to 14 hours in total using the protective ASUS Power Case.