A refreshing and flavorsome drink like Orange Flavored Pineapple Spritzer is a must to beat the heat during summers. As markets are flooding with so many refreshing drinks, I prefer some instant and homemade drinks to keep me hydrated and refreshing. In this process I stock up some homemade juices which can be served in instant or which can make you refresh anytime of the day.
You won’t believe if I say, I have never tasted pineapple before my marriage. I always found it to be an complicated fruit…..I don’t know why?…but after marriage when my husband bought it for the first time, I said I don’t even know how to even peel this off…then he said it is very simple and showed me how to do it. Then he even made a simple juice from it and insisted me to have a sip…I loved it in my first sip…and from then to now. Since, then I am hooked to pineapple juice. I use it in making lots of mocktails, cakes and spritzer. I love the medley of flavors in drinks…Here is a simple and yet refreshing recipe of an yum pineapple spritzer flavoured with orange and mint. Get refreshed…
Orange Flavored Pineapple Spritzer
- 3 cups Pineapple juice, chilled
- 1 cup Orange juice, chilled
- 2 cups Sparkling water/Carbonated water
- Ice cubes
- 1-2 fresh Mint leaves
How to make Pineapple Spritzer
- In a pitcher/large jug add pineapple juice and orange juice. Mix well.
- Add ice to the serving glasses and pour the above mixture to the 2/3 of the glasses. Now add sparkling water and serve immediately with fresh mint leaves.
- Last but not least add your ‘love’ to make the dish ‘YUMMY’.
How to make Pineapple Juice at home
- I used fresh homemade pineapple juice in making this spritzer.
- Take one pineapple, scrape off the hard skin and cut it into chunks and blend into puree. You can even add sugar and water. Double strain and refrigerate in bottles.
How to make Orange Juice at home
- I made fresh Orange juice also to make this spritzer. Cut orange into halves and extract juice by using a citrus juice squeezer. Strain in a glass combine water and sugar. Mix well. Store in a refrigerate bottle in fridge.
- If using store bought juice to make this spritzer, adjust sugar accordingly. For sparkling water I used Kingfisher Soda. You can even use sprite or 7up or Mountain Dew.
- You can even add a pinch of crystallized ginger to the pineapple and orange mixture. Leave the mixture for sometime nearly 1-2 hours and then strain out. Pour into the glasses with ice and serve by sparkling water and fresh mint.
- Try adding fresh lemonade or papaya puree to the mixture in place of orange juice. Play with flavors and discover your own pineapple spritzer.
- You can even cut the pineapple pieces into triangles or in star shape and skewer them and drop them into the glasses to enhance the flavour and look.
- Garnish with cocktail umbrella or orange slices.
The club serves this drink as Club Special. But they do not mix the drink – so you have a nice orange layer at the bottom and pineapple at the top and plenty of ice. Looks very nice. And it is a favourite of non-drinkers.
An Open Book says
the pics against the dark background looks great.
not a big pineapple fan though 🙁
Saraswathi Iyer says
Refreshing and superb clicks.
Shama Nagarajan says
Very refreshing drink and love ingredients ….pics are fab Lubna
Refreshing n yummmmm ….. The pics are fabulous. Looks like you made ur hubby wear a black T and hold the glass for u 😀
Kannada Cuisine says
I wish I could have some….so delicious
Sushma Madhuchandra says
I'm not a great fan of orange juice, so will try with papaya sometime. Pictures are very tempting!
How did you convince your husband to be the hand model? 😀
wow…what a refreshing drink for summer
beautiful pics with great summer drink recipe. love it
wow….super refreshing drink ……..
refreshing drink …the black background looks great 🙂
Now Serving says
simply superb Lubna – looks like a fab thirst quencher!
OMG,seriously feel like finishing that whole glass,excelent drink..
Swathi Iyer says
Delicious, love that clicks.
Those are just brilliant clicks lubna,u made that spritzer look fab…I m not a fan of pine apple though
halal foodie says
Lubna this looks very refreshing n the fact tht u used fresh homemade juices…I can imagine how yummy tht must be
Gayathri NG says
Nice pics, looks refreshing , thirst quencher…
Premalatha Aravindhan says
wow amazing drink…fantastic clicks.
Beautiful presentation and awesome combination of fruits.
Such a refreshing and cooling drink for the Summer!! Looks very good!
Deeps @ Naughty Curry says
orange and pineapple, wow that must have tasted awesome… lovely pics (such a cute umbrella!)
nice and simple recipe
This drink is so refreshing. Perfect to beat the heat.
I am sure this tastes absolutely fab
Luv the way u have taken pics,..:) thnks for the wishes too,.
Amruta Pore says
First time here.. loved the blog,. glad to follow you.. 🙂
Achu's Amma's Kitchen says
awesome combo and fabulous clicks..
Feast on the Cheap says
I am so happy to have found this…I'm in my third trimester so drink options are soooo limited (I pretty much live on water and I'm way bored of it). Looks fab!
Loved the pics. Amazing photography..! What a refreshing drink to kick start the summer here. Thanx for the share.
So refreshing and delicious! Your pics are gorgeous!
Like the pineapple drink never had but looks very cool- lovely pictures!
Home Cooked Oriya Food says
love the drink! refreshing indeed…
I love pineapple too, scared of cutting it too…
whew…that does sound delicious !
Wonderful clicks as always. My husband makes different kinds of mocktail’s for me but I have never made them myself. Love the combination of Pineapple and orange.
So refreshing n delicious drink.
Perfect and Refreshing 🙂
Sensible Vegetarian says
Yummy drink and very very beautiful photographs. Congrats on your 10,000 comment milestone, really feel happy for you.
anthony stemke says
This is a wonderful tasty drink, a delight in warm weather.
The perfect drink for hot weather…such gorgeous photos!
Rebecca Subbiah says
great drink and great idea to take the shot with the black shirt behind
Marina@Picnic at Marina says
Cool! lovely drink!
Amina Khaleel says
delicious and refreshing drink… looks fabulous… my favourite as well…
This looks so so good!! I dont know i just feel like grabbing it and drinking it rite away!
Non stick, Nutty and Sous chef says
Love the pictures!
Looks and sounds so refreshing!