Masoor Ki Dal
- 1 cup Masoor dal, wash and soak *
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Green chillis, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 2-3 Springs fresh Coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
Heat oil in a kadai/cooking vessel and add chopped onions and saute till they are translucent.
Now add water, red chilli powder, turmeric pwder, ginger-garlic paste and green chillis.
When the water starts to boil add washed and soaked masoor dal.
Cover and cook on a low flame till dal gets completely cooked. Now add salt and stir.
Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with piping hot roti’s or with hot bowl of steamed white rice.
Last but not least add your ‘love’ to make the dish ‘YUMMY’.
* NOTE : Soak the dal for 5-10 minutes. The consistency of the dal should be bit runny. Add the salt in the last to fast cook the dal.
This masoor ki dal is going to participate in My Legume Love Affair, Seventh Helping hosted by Cooking 4 All Seasons. This nutritive event was started by Susan of The well-Seasoned Cook and also to FIC-Yellow hosted by Tongue Ticklers.