Yahoo! Finally got internet connection at my mom’s place….that means you can see regular blog updates from now on. Yesterday my friend called me to ask….what I can suggest to her 6 year old daughter to prepare at her school competition, where the theme is to prepare a recipe without using electricity, gas and fire. No electricity means no blender, microwave, oven, no bake. Without gas means no cook….without fire means no other source of cooking. Though the restriction sound simple, the number of recipes are also few. Keeping the age of the girl in mind, the first thing which came to my mind was Lassi. As it is no fuss and no mess recipe….But lassi will look very simple for a competition. So, I thought of simple chat with puffed rice…. made with sliced tomatoes, onions, chat masala, lemon juice, salt and coriander leaves….then dropped the plan thinking the puffed rice may turn soggy if the event last long….
Parfait – Perfect Summer Recipe
Fresh fruit salad was there in my mind but I thought many will go for that only, as it is easy. Then thought of sandwiches with bread and jam, but that too look simple. And my friend was also not convinced with the recipe ideas. Wondering what I would suggest her to help her kid pass the assignment at her school. Thinking bit on healthy, simple, kid loving and easy to make recipe which should also taste yum…I decided on ‘Parfait’. When I told her about ‘Parfait’….she was like…what…? Then I told her…Parfait is nothing but a layered dessert recipe…which is simple in making and flavorsome too. I told her lets make it healthy and kid friendly too…my friend was very happy to hear the new name of the recipe…as she was curious to know about ingredients and how the final product looks…I gave her good description of the recipe and the preparation steps along with ingredients needed…with a promise that I will mail her the pic of the recipe that evening….she hang up the phone sounding much relaxed and satisfied…
‘Parfait’ is one of the simple recipe which I love eating most of the evenings to satisfy my untime hunger and in the morning as breakfast, when I want to settle down with something simple. The recipe which I make mostly at home calls for simple fruits, muesli, dry fruits and yogurt mixed with vanilla essence and honey. Scroll down to check the recipe in detail…..
Mixed Fruit and Yogurt Parfait
- 2 Oranges, peeled and white pith removed
- ½ cup Pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 2 drops Vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp. Ragi | Finger Millet Muesli
- 1 tbsp. Chopped Almonds
- 1 tbsp. Raisins
How to make Mixed Fruit & Yogurt Parfait
- Whip yogurt with honey and vanilla essence.
- Stat to layer by adding sliced oranges, pomegranate seeds, above made yogurt, ragi muesli, almonds and raisins. Repeat the layers if necessary.
- Serve immediately.
- Add love to make this recipe more ‘Yummy’.
- As I had only oranges and pomegranates at home, I used those in making this parfait.
- Choices on fruits and nuts are endless so play around.
- You can even use flavored yogurt’s which are easily available in market these days in making this.
- You can even substitute ragi (finger millet) muesli with corn flakes or oats or cereal.
- Add love to make this Mixed Fruit and Yogurt Parfait taste ‘Yummy’.