Baby Corn & Capsicum Stir Fry is a quick, easy and spicy side dish which pairs perfectly with fried rice or any flavored rice. You can even serve this as a starter | appetizer or as a snack.
Yesterday I have been to farmers market (Rythu Bazar) here at mom’s place and found these cute little baby corns. There is something about baby corns that attracts me always. According to me you can create some amazing dishes with baby corn with ease. The simple thing to remember while cooking baby corn is to retain their crunch. The crunchier the baby corn the tastier the dish.
I either make Baby Corn Manchurian or Baby Corn 65 whenever I get hold of fresh baby corn but this time I thought of trying out something new. As jeera rice and dhaba style dal fry were already in the menu, I thought of making a simple baby corn & capsicum stir fry to go along with the recipes.
Must Try Baby Corn Recipes
Though I always grill the baby corn and capsicum to make this stir fry, today I made it simple by microwaving the baby corn, capsicum and onion cubes. Then I tossed them in garlic-soya sauce mixture. Baby corn was so crunchy and yummy that half of the fry went off as starter while I was still serving the food in plates….Check out the simple recipe with minimal and handy ingredients below….
Baby Corn & Capsicum Stir Fry
Course: Main Course Cuisine: Indo-Chinese Cook Time: 15 Minutes Servings: 4 People Calories: 360 Cal Author: Lubna Karim
- 12 Baby corns, cut into 1’pieces
- 1 Capsicum, cut into cubes
- ½ tbsp. chopped Ginger
- 1 tbsp. chopped Garlic
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp. Soya sauce
- 1 tbsp. Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Corn flour + 3 tbsp. Water
- Salt, as per taste
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Pepper powder
How to make Baby Corn & Capsicum Stir Fry
- Mix corn flour and water and make a thin paste.
- Microwave baby corn pieces for 3 minutes on high. In the meantime, heat oil in a heavy bottom cooking vessel and add chopped garlic and ginger. Fry for 1 minute and add sliced onions.
- Fry onions till translucent. Now add microwaved baby corn and stir fry until nice brown. Now add capsicum, salt and pepper powder. Fry till capsicum turn light crisp.
- Toss by adding vinegar and soya sauce on high flame. Now sprinkle corn flour and water paste and toss again.
- Turn off the flame and leave for 2 minutes. Serve hot as appetizer or as accomplishment with jeera rice.
- Add ‘love’ to make this fry taste ‘Yummy’.
Variations in making Baby Corn & Capsicum Stir Fry:
- You can grill baby corn and capsicum before going to stir frying them.
- You can even use red and yellow bell peppers to enhance to flavour of the recipe.
- I have already mentioned that you can serve it as appetizer or starter and you can serve as side dish with any
- You can also use it as stuffing and make a wrap by adding it to roti or paratha. Drizzle over some chat masala and tomato sauce. Viola! Indulge.
- You can even add this stir fry to bread slices and make sandwich of it.
Rafeeda AR says
looks really awesome… love that platter!!! 🙂
anusha praveen says
love the whole composition reminds me of the new yipee chinese noodle ad- Chinese!! and that s a wholesome stir fry that for once is not boring according to kids!
Sapana Behl says
You are making me hungry !
prathibha Garre says
nice fotos lubna..love this stir fry..I agree wid ur words as even I am a big lover of babycorn
Kitchen Queen says
perfect finger food. love it. stop by at my space too.
Lovely snaps n amazing dish. Loved the arrangement of toothpicks….
kitchen queen says
awesome and delicious combo stir fry with awesome clicks.
Priya Anandakumar says
Wow very lovely and mouthwatering stir fry lubna, do visit my space as well when u find time…
like ur props lubna.. nice clicks..
Priya Suresh says
Irresistible combo and babycorn with capsicum makes a wonderful pair in stir fries.
Asha Shivakumar says
That looks perfect. Thanks for stopping by the blog and for your sweet comment. I am glad to follow you.
looks fabulous and droolworth.
Usha Rao says
Lovely clicks! I am afraid to use dark plates & bowls for my pictures. After seeing yours, I think I should pick up some bold color plates & bowls.
drooling over your clicks !
Nabanita Das says
just fabulous… yummy tangy recipe… mouth is watering… awesome clicks look inviting…
Nilu A says
Looks simple to make, yummy and flavorful Lubna 🙂
wow wow you have a knack with your photography Lubna! Love the first shot!
Rosa's Yummy Yums says
A wonderful combination and delicious looking/sounding stir-fry!
Nazneen Hamilton says
Loving the simple stir fry! Beautiful photos too.
Shama Nagarajan says
can have this any time..inviting lubna
Hamaree Rasoi says
Simply mouthwatering and delicious stir fry Lubs. Increases my appetite manifold.