Looking out for easy and yummy side dish recipes to go with roti or rice…??? Then give this Aloo Gawar Methi ki Sabzi recipe a try. This is purely vegan, gluten free and plant based recipe. Cooking in lockdown time is really challenging. And that too when Chennai’s largest Koyambedu (Fresh Fruit & Vegetable) Market being closed, getting fresh and variety vegetables is a big task now.
In this lockdown period there is a need to maintain a balance between nutrition, taste and health. Coming up with easy recipes which are kid friendly and can be made in less time is another challenge we are facing these days. I get requests to post some easy curries and side dish recipes to go with chapatis and rice. Lockdown or not, we always eat simple meals on weekdays. You can find many easy side dish recipes in blog Recipe Index.
Aloo Gavar ki Phalli Methi ki Bhaji
Though this combo sounds little strange, I want you give this recipe a try. Earthy and starchy aloo (Potatoes) when cooked together with long and slender guar (guvar) | lond beans (Cluster Beans) and nutty pungent smelling fresh methi (fenugreek) leaves with minimal Indian spices, the taste is incredible. When in hurry, I make this in pressure cooker, but you can even make this on stove top. This sabzi taste best when served hot with rotis | chapatis. You can also serve this as a side dish with rice and dal.
Must Try Gavar ki Phalli (Cluster Beans) Recipes
Aloo Gavar Methi ki Bhaji ki Sabzi in Pressure Cooker
Alternatively, you can make this recipe in pressure cooker by
Add oil to a pressure cooker and fry onions till translucent. Now add ginger-garlic paste and fry for a minute till raw smell wafts. To this add cubed potatoes, cut gavar ki phalli, green chili, turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt. Stir well for a minute and add ½ cup of water. Close the lid and pressure cook on medium flame for 2 whistles. Once the pressure settles add fresh fenugreek leaves. Stir and cook till the curry turns dry. Add roasted cumin powder and turn off the flame. Serve hot with roti or rice.
Aloo Gawar Methi ki Sabzi Recipe
- 3 medium Aloo | Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 250 g Gawar ki Phalli | Cluster Beans (trim the sides and cut into ½ inch pieces)
- ½ cup Methi | Fresh Fenugreek leaves, loosely packed
- 1 Onion, finely sliced
- 1 Green chili, cut into half
- ½ tbsp. Ginger Garlic paste, optional
- ¾ tbsp. Red chili powder
- ½ tbsp. Turmeric powder
- ¼ tbsp. roasted Cumin powder
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- Salt as per taste
How to make Aloo Gawar Methi ki Sabi
- In a skillet, add oil and fry sliced onions. When onion turn translucent add ginger-garlic paste. Fry for a minute till raw smell wafts.
- To this add cubed potatoes, cut gavar ki phalli, green chili, salt, red chili powder and turmeric powder.
- Stir well and add ½ cup of water. Place the lid and cook on low flame for 15-20 minutes by stirring in between.
- When potatoes turn soft, add fresh methi leaves. Combine well and check for salt.
- Now add roasted cumin powder and cook for another 5-6 minutes on medium flame till water is evaporated and sabzi turns dry.
- Turn off the flame. Transfer the sabzi to a serving bowl and serve hot with roti or rice.
- I served this Aloo Gawar Methi ki Sabzi with rotis.
- Add love to make this sabzi taste ‘Yummy’.